Probe Industries Pistons -- Anybody use?

-

Haney

www.carsonandironmt.com
Reaction score
I am looking to buy pistions for my 360 stroker project. I noticed that Probe Industries has a Sportsman Race Series (SRS) that is very light (460 grams @ .030 over and 466 grams @ .040 over). These are quite a bit lighter than Diamond or Ross. Anybody ever uses these pistons? The pistons that I am talking about are the 13746 p/n's.

Never used them myself but from everything I've read about them their top notch.

Wiseco Pro-tru are also real light like that. In fact just a few grams lighter. I bought a set of the Wiseco's cause I got a good deal on them and when I got them I found out they only weigh 452 grams for the .030 overs. After figuring up the total weight I discovered all 8 Wiseco's and the SCAT I beams only weigh approx. what 6 stock piston and rod assy's weigh.

Yes, I was looking at the Wiseco's too.... I could never find a weight though...... Were the pistons you used the dished stroker ones?

I have not used them... But they are very common in ford and Chevy circles and the rep is pretty good.

-
Back