Probe piston wall clearance.

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
Does anybody know how much clearance Probe puts into its SRS pistons. Specifically part number 12351? I measured my bores in my block with a dial bore gauge, and came out with 4.0442 on the top of the thrust side of cyl 6 and 4.0438 at the same place on Cyl 8.

All the other cylinders are showing 4.0430 or less. Taper is under .0008 for all cylinders except for 3 (.0009), 6 (.0011) and 8 (.0018

Is there enough meat to use the probe pistons with the wall gap on the high side?

You can check their site for suggested gap. That's about what they should be undersized. Forged depends on the material. 4032 expands less and will probably only have 1.5-3 thou built in the piston. 2618 expands more so 3.5-4.5 thou would be a good estimate there, imo.

2618 pistons are a stronger piston from what I've read. You can call Probe Tech dept and ask them for the skirt dim for that specific piston.

Ill give probe a call monday morning. From what I could find they give a range of .003 to .007 on those pistons. I was just wondering where probe sets the clearance on the range above.

I must mention that the above numbers are diameters. First time using a bore gauge also. I should have mentioned that above.

-
Back