Problem in a "Bad Way"

-

69signetv8

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got everything completed "together" on the Signet and only found one leak (pretty bad one), however it's the rear "U" oil pan :sad1: :sad1: It took me two weeks to put everything together and with the TTIs there just seems to be no way at it (dropping the pan). any ideas??? I'm feeling very sick........

340mopar said:
Even if you drop the center link of the steering, no way?

Chuck

Chuck, the header tubes suck right up to the pan and ....the trans line run above them just below the bolts :sad1:

Crap, I just put a 318 in my /6 Duster. It was a motor that I bought as a short block for next to nothing. I usually check everything because I just do, but I didn't in this case. I have been driving it a week and looked last night and it looks like either the cam plug or the galley plugs are leaking so I will need to take the tranny out to fix the leak. I feel for you man.

Chuck

My life story.....I check everything, however there's just no way a guy can check a gasket...(those freaking "U"s :cussing:
Thanks...

Well I tried everything! Of course there's no short-cuts in taking the pan off. Looks like another one-step forward and "10" back this time. Tomorrow I'll be pulling out the headers rather then the whole motor "if" I can fine a way to get the front up four feet!! if not I'll have to rip the motor out. :sad1: :cussing: :sad1: :cussing: :sleepy3:

Oh, that sucks man. It's just Murphy's law. Don't sweat it too much, it can be fixed and will be fixed...it's just a matter of a little more time and patience. Sit down, have a drink, relax for a couple of days...then go at it! Are you sure just lifting the motor out wouldn't be easier?

65s said:
Oh, that sucks man. It's just Murphy's law. Don't sweat it too much, it can be fixed and will be fixed...it's just a matter of a little more time and patience. Sit down, have a drink, relax for a couple of days...then go at it! Are you sure just lifting the motor out wouldn't be easier?

Maybe....I have the pass header kinda off and no bolts on the pan!

man that sucks its like when i was going to fire up my car after i painted the engine bay, then the trans leaked, waterpump went dead, then broke a bolt off in the timing housing....awh i was pissed. good luck though

I had same problem (sorta), Somehow my rear U gasket for the oil pan fell off some how upon install without me noticing. No gasket = big leak. I was able to loosen my Hookers (headders) undo motor mounts, raise engine a bit, undo centerlink , pan bolts and you'll have just enough room to see whats going on.. I was able to slip it into place n rebolt everything. No leaks.

Hope this helps, Eric

Eric_S68 said:
I had same problem (sorta), Somehow my rear U gasket for the oil pan fell off some how upon install without me noticing. No gasket = big leak. I was able to loosen my Hookers (headders) undo motor mounts, raise engine a bit, undo centerlink , pan bolts and you'll have just enough room to see whats going on.. I was able to slip it into place n rebolt everything. No leaks.

Hope this helps, Eric

Thanks Eric, no room for anything (pan wise) with tti's. Got the engine pulled anyways and back together agian. Hopefully "no leaks" this time round. :thumbup:

-
Back