problem with my position of my altenator.

-

TAZLDAZL

AMSOIL DEALER
Reaction score
I'm in the process of finishing up my 400 build. As I was trying different lengths of altenator belts I found that my belt rubs on the bottom of my electric waterpump. I have a 2 groove pulley on both my crank & altenator. I also have my 400 mounted by elephant ears. At which I have already cutout a section behind the altenator due to it hitting it for adjustment. I now have about 1 inch for tightening the altenator adjustment bolt which now gives me a small window for belt sizes. But whether on the front or rear groove the belts still rub. Is their a smaller BB crank pulley that I can use or even a smaller altenator. Do I move my altenator out from stock position. Please help.
The pictures don't show the crank pulley or the belts rubbing. They are for you to see my setup,ie waterpump and altenator that I am using.These picts are what I have on hand if you need something in more detail let me know and I will post it.
Thanks
TAZZ

Attachments

• 100_3812.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 100_3821.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 220
There are different diameter pulleys for both the alternator and the crankshaft. Measure yours and put a wanted ad up for some smaller pulleys. That's all i've got. LOL

Thanks guys for your input. I talked with some of our local mopar drag racers and found out that their are 5-6 in pulleys out there. Found one through cvf racing for a great price and it's american made. It should take care of my belt rubbing problems.
Thanks again all and have a blessed day.
TAZZ

The alternator belt is why I sold the Meziere water pump and put on a regular one driven by a Moroso unit. Works fine. Like those fenderwells. May be getting some for my next chassis as it is also snas inner fenders.

What holds your frame rails on? I don't see any bars to the firewall and the inside cage.

-
Back