problems with my dash parts!

-

sharpie

workin' stiff
Reaction score
So I get back from my vacation today to two boxes. One from Summit, one from Year One.

From Summit I ordered a water temp gauge, voltmeter, and an electric speedo. I received the temp gauge and voltmeter last Friday from the Nevada warehouse of Summit, and originally received the speedometer two business days later (Tuesday) because it came from Ohio.

I opened the speedometer on Tuesday only to find that the chrome bezel was different. This picture's not the greatest, but it kind of shows that the 2.1/16" has a black chrome bezel while the speedometer (3.1/8") has a regular chrome bezel:

DSCN2372.jpg

Wednesday I got on the horn with Summit, they confirmed that it should've been the black chromed bezel on the speedometer (PN ATM-1480), and they set up a swap for me. They sent UPS to pick up the wrong one, and then sent out another from Ohio on 2nd Day Air. I cannot stress how great Summit's been to me so far.

Well, I got the second one today since I'd been away from my house until now, and I come home to the wrong speedometer again :shout:

DSCN2514.jpg

Here's Summit's link to the part number (notice the black chrome): Click

Here's Auto Meter's link to the "Designer Black" list (notice the black chrome until you click on the part itself, where then it gets sketchy whether it's black chrome or not): Click

So I don't know what's going on. Either Summit's received bad parts or I am getting the wrong information from Summit's site, Auto Meter's site, and the Summit Customer Service. What should I do this time?

And on top of this, my Year One glove box liner doesn't seem to work. I ordered PN GBM103 from my Year One catalog, which can be seen here . It says for all Demons with or without A/C. I don't have A/C in my Demon. The upper edge of the liner's about 7-8" deep, while I have only about 5" on the far passenger side of the glovebox to work with. I have this green piece of metal in the hole behind the dash where the liner should be, and it looks stock (not the hook latch):

DSCN2515.jpg

DSCN2516.jpg

Did I order the wrong thing? Am I putting it in incorrectly by just having it go straight back into the hole? Help appreciated.

I think that the glovebox liner sits in there on a downward slant,my car is completely apart right now, or Id look but if my memory serves well,I think that the floor of the glovebox is angled down good luck!

yes you are correct it slants downward.. that way everything you stick in there such as pens, registration papers, etc.. can be held without them all falling out when the door opens

-
Back