Procar classic 1500 what mounting brackets

-

bhthomas83

Reaction score
Hey everybody. Swapping my 904 auto over to a tremec tkx and am wanting to install bucket seats. I'm looking at the Procar classic 1500 series. My dart is a bench seat car. Was wondering what mounting brackets to use? They sell an abody specific bracket but I assume it's bucket to bucket swap. Any info is greatly appreciated.

I did what your planning on doing and I used Procar seats and their A body brackets, In my Scamp and I am sure in your car their are dimples in the floor for factory bucket seat brackets that need to be drilled out and the holes will line up with the Procar seat brackets as well just make sure when bolting in the brackets, the two outer holes which are closest to your rocker panel are reinforced and need no additional reinforcement but the two holes nearest your trans tunnel is a single layer of steel and I feel it needs to be beefed up. I cut some reinforcement plates out of 1/4 inch plate steel and made then about 2 inches wide and about 3 inches long to fit in between the floor contours. I used grade 8 hardware (bolts, washers, lock washers, and nuts) bolted it all together nice and tight. You will not be using your bench seat mount holes with the buckets installation. I have had no problems so far and I have done some lets say "spirited" driving on some curvy roads. I hope this answers your question and good luck!!

-
Back