procharger

-
Engine masters built a 900hp blown 440 with a supercharger from these guys. I'd like to do the same only with ethanol (E-85) and fuel injection instead of gas and a blow through carb.

I would definatly recomend the supercharger store to anyone looking to procharge a mopar. They have great knowledge, kits, and support. Definatly worth checking out...my car is on their customer section ;-)
and if you have specific questions feel free to give a shout...

hey 1969swinger, what did you procharge and what hp gains did you get? final price of it all?

I procharger the Dart in my Signature Pic. Overall gains at 10psi boost were about 200hp/200tq at the rear wheels. The engine is a 8.3:1, baby cam, stroker 410CI. The Torque is great, from 2800 to 5500 it makes over 500ft/lbs to the wheels. Final cost I couldn't really say without diggin up the reciepts but its their P1SC kit. Then add a new carb, fuel system, water injection...it does add up fast but I've been running it for 3 years, driveability is awesome, power is always there. I just run premium 90+ octane, no need for race gas ever. The kit is easy to install once all your prep work is done(mainly fuel system) just takes a couple hours.

If you go to www.69swinger.com and click on Dart Engine you can see more pics.

engine14.jpg

Very, very nice! :love4: It appears you are running aluminum heads, what brand? I was told once by a technician at Dick Landy (DLI) that blowers love big cams with a wide LSA. I noticed that you mentioned that you are running a "baby cam", have you thought about a cam upgrade? What duration and lift @ .050 are you running now? What LSA?

I also noticed that you are not running power brakes, is this due to the blower pressurizing the manifold, negating any vacuum?

Thanks!

I'm running Edelbrock Performer RPM heads Stage II ported By Hughes Engines. Because of the heat dissipation of aluminum over steel it alows you to run slightly higher boost levels under the same conditions. Yeah Procharger recomends LSA in the 112-114 range I think. I didn't change cams during installation of the procharger the one I have is Hydr. 111 deg LSA. 219/228 Dur. @.050 lift is .489/.524 It makes peak HP just over 5000 and great TQ, which is great for the street. http://www.hughesengines.com/partDetail.asp?partID=11724&eTypeID=1

I've been thinking about change cams that aims more towards a blower grind, just for a bit of a change and to get a little more power.

I'm not running a power brake booster because my car originally came without. Under Idle and part throttle conditions most of the boost is being diverter out the blowoff valve, so the engine does maintain vacuum.

Other things I recomend if building a engine for a blower application:
Quench Dome Pistons
Commetic head gaskets with studs
Water Injection

-
Back