Production year and numbers

-

1971B7340

Reaction score
Trying to find out when the 1971 model year started for the duster built at the Hamtramck plant. My 71 was purchased in November of 1970 and the sequence number is 175022. Can anyone help me?

If you post the fender tag info which is a three digit code on the fender tag this will help.Your car was the 75022 built at that plant,now the code for the building of the car is on the fender tag,look at the second row from the bottom,go all the way to the right to the 6 digit code,then come back to the three digit code,that is the build date.The dating works like this,C01=december 01 1970,august27=827,october14=A14,january21=121.Each month has a digit to corospond with its order of the year,oct,nov,dec use A,B,C,this way it stays a three digit code.If the car was bought in november,its for sure it was made in sept/oct,so its early in the production run,mrmopartech

The fender tag shows A09 and the build sheet shows A09 as well. The sticker in the door jamb shows 10-70. I was just trying to see what number my Duster 340 was off of the assembly line. I thought the 175022 bart of the vin was it but learned that it is just the number of all the cars built at that plant. Any other info would be great. Thanks.
Mike

I have the build sheet if the sequence number would help.

The color is B7, not sure if they break down to how many of each color?

On my 73 Duster, the door tag doesn't have anything on it at all.....in doing the body work on the car (since the sticker is in very bad shape) I'm having it removed and making a repo of it. BUT since mine doesn't have anything listed as for the following items:
Date of manufacture
GVWR: GAWR Front: GAWR Rear:
Vehicle ID Number.........I've got that
the last number listed at the bottom of the sticker beside MDH.....(no clue what that is)
Where can I get the correct numbers for the other items I've listed above??
Here's a picture of the tag I'm talking about and any help will be greatly appreciated......

DoorVIN-Tag_small.JPG

Can anyone help me with this??

Greg ............. mtn_jake

On my 73 Duster, the door tag doesn't have anything on it at all.....in doing the body work on the car (since the sticker is in very bad shape) I'm having it removed and making a repo of it. BUT since mine doesn't have anything listed as for the following items:
Date of manufacture
GVWR: GAWR Front: GAWR Rear:
Vehicle ID Number.........I've got that
the last number listed at the bottom of the sticker beside MDH.....(no clue what that is)
Where can I get the correct numbers for the other items I've listed above??
Here's a picture of the tag I'm talking about and any help will be greatly appreciated......

DoorVIN-Tag_small.JPG

Can anyone help me with this??

Greg ............. mtn_jake

Excellent question! I need to put similar info on my door tag but have no clue what the font is that Chrysler used on the sticker. Anyone know the font type???

I used roman duplex on most of the stuff.....except for the items that I'm looking for. I'll just have to play around with the font when it comes to filling it in. I know one thing.......it was a real bear getting the layout to be exactly as the original.
mtn_jake

I'm attaching a picture of what I'm trying to find out about what belongs in the door tag on my 73 Duster......seems that the link to the picture went south :wack:
The white boxes below is the information is what I'm trying to find out so I can put them into the tag I'm making to replace the one that had to be removed........

attachment.php

Thanks again for any leads that you can give on this.
Greg........mtn_jake

DoorVIN-Tag_small.JPG

the company doing the repro sticker will have all the info except your built date and VIN number.

I'm attaching a picture of what I'm trying to find out about what belongs in the door tag on my 73 Duster......seems that the link to the picture went south :wack:
The white boxes below is the information is what I'm trying to find out so I can put them into the tag I'm making to replace the one that had to be removed........

attachment.php

Thanks again for any leads that you can give on this.
Greg........mtn_jake

Who does the repo sticker??......I did my own and looks just like the orginial.
Can you give me a link to the repo sticker site??
Here's a scan of the one that I've done but waiting for the info so I can put it in the correct slots..........

attachment.php

thanks
Greg........mtn_jake

DoorVinTagScan.jpg

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/

Chrysler

VIN DATA DECALS

This decal is located on the driver’s door of the vehicle. Exact placement will depend on make and model of vehicle.Note: Vehicle documentation, assembly data and VIN number must be provided in order to reproduce these. Please specify any additional instructions prior to ordering this item.

Part Numbers and Applications:

CVV10
1970 VIN Data Decal

$42.00

CVV11
1971 VIN Data Decal

$42.00

CVV12
1972 VIN Data Decal

$54.00

CVV13
1973 VIN Data Decal