ProForm 4" Slim Radiator install in 67 Dart

-

RatRod

Reaction score
My LA 360 was overheating at stop lights in warm weather. The old set up was a 22" stock radiator with an E fan in back and Transmission cooler mounted on the front. Most the time I was okay with this set up but overheating did happen (> 210 degrees) if I didn't watch it. The 67 Dart's didnt come with a shroud and the clearance for one was really tight.

So I bit the bullet and purchased the aluminum Proform 4" slim radiator from Summit. This radiator comes with a built in shroud which my old set up did not have. Made a big difference in my case especially when sitting at a long light in traffic in the desert heat.

The install was straight forward and so far the radiator is performing up expectations. It's preliminary but it looks like the engine is running 10 - 15 degrees cooler than it was with the old set up. I need more time with it on the road in different conditions to be sure.

Sure looks better.

PXL_20230325_213044527.jpg

PXL_20230325_213030665.jpg

PXL_20230325_213010546.jpg

Same one I got. Good to hear its working out for you. I wasn't sure if it would be sufficient but now I feel confident it will do the job.

They call a 4" radiator "slime line"? ......and people are actually gullible enough to believe that chit?

-
Back