Proform Distributor-Anyone use this??

-

A340

Reaction score
Was looking to replace my dual point distributor with the Mopar Ignition kit. Cost is $217.00 from Jegs/Summit. They also advertise a Proform Kit which "LOOKS" the same for about $139.00.

Just checking to see if anyone has used this kit and the quality of it compared to the Mopar kit.

Thanks

I have one for sale if your interested .
The instructions in the proform kit for the wiring are incorrect! I could not get it to fire .I was gonna return it .I went with the MP electronic ignition upgrade.That's when I noticed the wiring diagram was wrong .I tried all the components (dist,cont.box,bal.resist.)after installing the MP kit and everything worked fine . I would include a copy of the MP schematic all though you can look it up online .PM Me if your interested I'll give you a deal on it.Joe

I went online and read the instruction guide. First thing that gave me a clue to their quality was the fact alot of the words in the instructions were misspelled! 2nd was the fact the instructions were not very thorough and incomplete. You just nailed it for me indicating it was completely wrong to begin with. Guess I'll stick with the Mopar unit. If something fails in their unit, I'd probably never be able to get a replacement part. Thanks for your insight.
A340

-
Back