Proform push rod problems

-
Can you post some pictures? Pushrod failure is 99.999% of the time an oiling issue.

I'd agree with this statement most of the time, but ProForm, ProComp, Speedmaster, PRW products are piss poor quality junk. This failure is almost certainly a materials and heat treating issue.

I'd agree with this statement most of the time, but ProForm, ProComp, Speedmaster, PRW products are piss poor quality junk. This failure is almost certainly a materials and heat treating issue.
At this point I wouldn't argue that the cup end may have been an oiling problem but the ball is not. More than enough oil sitting on top of the lifter. I can dig it out of the trash but all you going to see is a tube with no end. The ball just crumbled and fell off.

At this point I wouldn't argue that the cup end may have been an oiling problem but the ball is not. More than enough oil sitting on top of the lifter. I can dig it out of the trash but all you going to see is a tube with no end. The ball just crumbled and fell off.

Sorry, I missed the part about the ball end failing. I'll go back and re-read the thread a bit closer.

That's what I was eluding to. The China stuff is never hardened correctly. They either wear down like butter, shatter like glass, or crumble like dirt clods.

I use comp magnum 7692 pushrods I have to grind the ends down a bit to get them right but so far so good. I have eat a push rod cup but it was due to improper installation. you can also buy singles.

-
Back