proform roller rockers

-

74swinger360

Reaction score
So i ordered a set of proform roller rockers from jegs today. I have a 360, what will i need to complete the install?

a lucky rabits foot, a 4 leaf clover, a horse shoe, and cross your fingers.lol

be careful with those, I hear the adjusters break, so maybe get some harland sharp adjusters for them like I did for my off brand aluminum rockers.

Check spring to rocker clearance, make sure you have 2 threads above the lock nuts when lash is set otherwise look into diff length push rods, and keep an eye on'em for the 1st week.

a lucky rabits foot, a 4 leaf clover, a horse shoe, and cross your fingers lol.....

HA! You beat me to it! I have heard nothing but bad things about those rockers...luckily Jegs has a good return policy:-D...That is one area that I would not go cheap, JMHO.

All that crap aside, looks pretty strait forward….You will need ball/cup push rods. If you have a fairly mild combo without much spring pressure and lift you SHOULD be ok….but no guarantees.

I've had them in the Duster for about 4 years now. No problems.
I got a purple shaft cam, 484/242. I had one loosen up about a week
after installed. But I retightened it and haven't even opened the valve
covers sense. I race it about once a year. I would say go for it.
Yes you need the ball and cup push rods. My whole set up cost me
about $300.00

my springs are 96 lbs installed

here are my cam specs:
Operating Range1500-6500 RPMDuration Advertised308° Intake/318° ExhaustDuration @ .050''234° Intake/244° ExhaustLift @ Valve.488'' Intake/.510'' ExhaustLift @ Cam.325'' Intake/.340'' Exhaust

So how did the proform's work out? Thinking of throwing a set on my 70 swinger. I've seen so man different reviews.

Called Summit,5 years ago. The sales rep,was actually honest.His direct quote,from memory: (I would not run them,on my Briggs @Stratton lawnmower". I doubt "Jason" is still employed there.I did appreciate his candor.

I had a set on my 360.. broke 2 adjusters, called the place I got the mfrom and they sent me 2 new ones at no charge (and a spare one as well). They would have sold me a whole set of adjusters for 8$ or something...

Anyway, I took them off when I found the broken adjusters and tossed them under the cabinet in the shop.I may put them back on one day... but probably not since I have a couple of 440s sitting on the floor and looking to put one in place of the 360!

what ball and cup pushrods did you use?
Measure and call Smith Bros.
Set the adjuster to where you want it and don't be afraid to measure a couple and get an average.
The correct length pushrod is never a bad thing.

I don't see where you hang your spurs , but if you are anywhere near St. Paul , Mn. I have the correct measuring pushrod , a 5/16th steel ball and 12" caliper that I will watch you use and offer snide comments while you do it. LOL

Dude dont do it!!!!! i bought a set of them about 6 years ago & when i was rebuilding my 340 @ that time while i was degreeing in my cam i found i was down anywhere for .008-.015 of an inch in lift from where it shoulda been!!!! moral of story ther worse that factoy hard where for being a true 1.5 raito. the cam lobes were nuts on @ .363 so with my mock up solids it shoulda been .544 @ the valve it wasnt until i ponyed up for a set of comp cams pro magnums. ran a s#$@ load better & seemed to have alot more bottom end.:wack:

Wether it the rocker, stem height geometry issue, or the pushrod angle, there is always a loss of lift by the time it gets to the valve...

59* lifter angle.

Have a brand new set for my 318. Spent 6 hours before i realized they don't fit. The geometry is all hosed up.

-
Back