Progress Pic

-

fenderman33

Reaction score
I had a couple pictures to post, but cardomain isn't working straight so I only have this one at the moment. It's proof that I sometimes actually get something done and don't just ask dumb questions.
Recovered the rear shelf and put two 6x9s in it and ran new wires up to where I'm going to be installing the head unit.
Things are moving slowly, but surely. Hopefully laying the carpet tomorrow and then trying to come across a decent bench or set of buckets for it.
326211_59_full.jpg

Cardomain got its act together so here's a few more.
A before and after of the dash ...
Before
326211_56_full.jpg

After
326211_61_full.jpg
Plus the clutch pedal installed...
The column shift ....eh column covers? that I hacked up to look closer to a floor shift car. Not perfect, but they'll do the trick for now.
326211_60_full.jpg

The engine bay after redoing all the bushings in the front end and converting to disks with big bolt all the way around. Rattle-canned in black. Replaced the steering box with a new remaned one to try to get the play out of the wheel, but it didn't work as well as I was hoping. There's nothing left to replace so maybe that's just how it is.
326211_63_full.jpg

And the car with the butt ugly wheels that I'll run until the tires are gone and can put some s/s's on it.
326211_64_full.jpg

I guess that's it for now....
Jon

so far so good. reminds me of my 2 old dusters. did you replace your idler and pitman arms? that can account for alot of slop in the steering.

The play could be the streering coupler or something in the column. I never liked Chryslers power steering, I swaped a manual box in to my car.

You can sit and watch the shaft on the box spin like 1/8th of a turn before it'll start moving the pitman arm, so it's obvious that's where the play it. I just rebuilt the coupler when I did the rest of it. The box is a new reman deal and came with papers saying it's adjusted from the factory and not to mess with the adjustments, so I guess that's just how it is? Maybe it'll be different when fluid's going through it?
Jon

-
Back