whitey

Reaction score
It's coming together...

001.jpg

002.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

Wow That color looks great and the hood is awesome.
Did you do the paint and build the hood?

Wow, looks sharp! What year Dart is that ('73?) and what its going to have for a power plant?

Looks really good Eric! It looks alot different then when i was there that day!
Did you paint it yourself?

Great looking car ! :mrgreen:

Did you do some custom gauge work on the dash panel ?
(close up photo please & details)

Grill looks neat, is it blacked out ?

Thanks guys. I painted it my self, 3 coats of Viper Blue Pearl, 8 coats of clear (sanded about 2 off). Did about 95% of the work myself including the vinyl top and glassing the hood scoop. Only the machine work for the engine and setting up the 8.75 was sent out.
There's a 360 going in it, .030 over & balanced, Comp Cams XE268 cam with Magnum heads retrofitted, Prof Prod Intake, dble roller chain & tensioner, wind tray, Holley Str Av carb. 727 with TF2 kit and Mancini racing converter. 3.73's on rear.

My plan is to have it done for Carlisle, the first place I want to take it.

The custom gauge pod, see below. The ashtray was all crap, and I wanted my gauges up higher. so I cut the opening about an inch wider and fabed up some metal that comes off the dash lip, straignt down and straight back about 4 inches. used the angle rings and got them pointed right at me. Painted it to match the interior, and took one of the many MP parts decals I got and cut out the wording and the pentastar.

I took my grill and painted it Laquer black, got some textured argent paint from Eastwood and painted the surround. Polished the metal trim and cleared it all.

My favorite is Mr. Norms signature on the dash though. He's a great guy.

Reassembly13.jpg

Nice progress, I can't wait till I'm as far along as you are, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

Wow!,that color really pops!-looks great and congrats on the fine work.

That's one sweet looking mopar :mrgreen:
Love the color and what a paint job :glasses8: Can't wait to see it finished

hey there whitney, you've done a great job. it sure feels good when it come together. i am in the process of doing my 71 swinger gt. i like the color you chose. it really stands out. great job!!!
big daddy don

pic's of dart build 009 (Small) (Small) (Small) (3).jpg

Really nice work! Love the paint and the blacked out grill! The painted detail in the headlamp frame is very cool! I might have to steal that idea for my 73 valiant! Keep up the good work!

I agree, the grill & dash really stand out. You did some very nice detail work! And that color... is it the blue used on the Viper GTS? It looks perfect on your car.

Get cranking.... looks like there's a chance I'll be parked near you at Carlisle next year!

whitey you are yet another great talented builder here sir.:thumbrig:
keep up the good work. I am sure you will be in Carlisle next year and
show that great car.:glasses8:

That is sweet looking Looking forward to the finished product. You should be very proud of what you have done so far. Just hope my Dart will look 1/2 that great. Keep up the good work

Thanks for the compliments guys. That is the blue used on the Vipers, only the company I found on the net offered it as PEARL, usually it's metallic.
My goal for painting it was a color that reaches out and sys "HELLO". Everyone uses plumb crazy, sublime, red, yellow, etc. Viper Blue is becoming such a widely used color though.
I got the idea from a guy who has a 68 dart, theviper blue with a black vinyl top. The scoop I got the idea from the president of my car club but glassed it in for a clean look. THe grill was origionally silver, and everyone seems to ust spray everything black
The gauge pod I wanted my gauges up higher and actually got the idea from my Chevy beretta. The center pod has the radio and heater control (3 round dials) in it.

I'm glad you didn't go metallic because the paint just looks better. Good job making that decision.

I'm in the sublime crowd. I bought the car already painted the color and it took a while to grow on me. I thought I was the only 67 painted that color until I found this site. LOL! I've got a little surprise in the works for the my car to break up the to much solid look. It will a good month before I will have it done. of I had a 68 Charger painted just a tiny bit darker than the color of your car. It looked sweet!

-
Back