progress pictures 73 Dart Sport

-

squadbay

Reaction score
My son has started to uncover and remove the rot from the rear left quarter and in the trunk area. The plan is to correct these areas with new quarters and fabricated pcs. to fix the trunk issues this winter

100_0831 (Small).JPG

100_0833 (Small).JPG

100_0832 (Small).JPG

100_0834 (Small).JPG

100_0835 (Small).JPG

Eric, doesn't a lot of that look really familiar? :)

squadbay, it looks like you have a really good handle on the bodywork, and the photos. One question / comment for you; are you going to replace the section marked by the upper line, ie, just above the marker light hole? A lot of the replacement panels don't have the marker light opening in the same location as the original quarters, and can cause you some real headaches down the line. If you already have the replacement panel, it's as easy as taking some measurements and you'll know one way or the other. If the alignment isn't correct on the replacement panel, you can leave the original marker light hole on the car then graft the new panel to / around it. Keep the updates and photos coming.

actually... In this case to solve that issue my son is going to totally eliminate them front and rear. He is trying to keep the car as original as possible with a few body mods. including the elimination of the antena.

Thanks for the pics! I'm eliminating the antenna from the front of my Barracuda as well, if only to clean up the look a bit.

Keep it up!

I remember doing that(or actually having it done...im no mechanic or bodyman) to my 69 RoadRunner...both quarters, wheelwells,Both rocker pannels had holes I could fit my entire hand into, the front edges of the doors and the Passenger side Fender needed a lower patch...Uggh...all that hid under a coat of primer sheet metal and bondo(so a magnet would stick and it would seem solid) the quarters were "replaced" with half quarters so I figured I was good there till they took it down to bare metal and the half quarters on both sides basicaly fell off becuase they were held on by Bondo and sheetmetal screws...the idiot that tried to fix the quarters ground through all the welds so instead of fixing it covered it up and sold it to a even bigger dummie...ME! Won't get fooled again :) !

-
Back