Progressive 2bbl

-
We'll have to see...It'll top $500 by the time I get done assembling all the lines, and cludging together a kickdown. As far as feed line sizes, 3/8" should be more than adequate, right? Oh, and I'll have to put together a couple water blocks for manifold heat, too...

Got my carbs in today, a little oxidized on the outside, but the inside is minty fresh

carbs-bottom.JPG

Carbs-top.JPG

You can get the manifold heat kit at http://www.cars.rasoenterprises.com . They even use silicone heater hose so the hoses won't melt on the exhaust. I see the carbs you have have the idle fuel solenoids on them. You will either need to hook the solenoids to a switched 12v source or pull the solenoids and cut off the end of the plunger. If you don't do this the car won't idle. I think you will like this setup on your slant. I like mine.

Grumpus, got any pictures of your setup? I was planning on hardlines from each carb to a brass Tee, and I'm sure I've got some silicone vacuum hose around the garage at home. Any other tips/tricks?

My 302 in my 71' ford f-100 has one. Its alot of fun. Sounds like a 4bbl. at wide open. Its a torque monster on a low geared truck like mine.

Thanks guys for all the help. Someone waved a sweet 4 bbl manifold under my nose at a great price. It looks like the 73 will be getting a 390 cfm Holley.

-
Back