Votes: 1 5.6%
  • 1969 Dart GTS (Original)

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
-

orange68cuda

3 Barracuda Member
Reaction score
Okay so here is the deal, Im shopping around for my next project and it was down to a 70 Dart Swinger, a 71 Plymouth Duster (Both have already been sold!) and a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe (Out of price range)

BUT now two of my buddies have decided to part with their "projects" which are a 1976 Plymouth Duster and a 1969 Dart.. A couple details:

The 76 Duster has very little rust and hardly any dings, Orig. /6 auto car. Interior is pretty rough and almost everything will have to be bought or redone (inside wise). Also the /6 and auto would not stay in the car, neither would the front valance or rear panel (Demon clone in mind). With that said a fair amount of money would be put into this car, the good news is he only wants 300 for it.

Now for the Dart. Another orig. /6 Column shift car (without the /6 in it btw) No rust what so ever, some very minor body work in the pass side front fender and door (new door included though) all chrome is in great shape and looks amazing. AND he has already purchased all window gaskets, rear window, new interior parts i.e. seat covers, door panels, head liner, carpet etc. Basically what im looking at for the dart is a engine, tranny, rear end, paint and front windshield. This car is in great shape and he has multiple parts for this car, 3 sets of headlight/front valance trim, 3 sets of taillights and rear valance trim, multiple dash clusters & pads.. I wont list everything because this is already getting long! He wants 2500 for this car and everything he has to go with it..

I really love the Duster (Demons) but am finding it really hard to pass up the Dart deal.. and I am starting to fall in love with these cars! Help me out! :-D

I say do the Dart, it has a majority of the parts bought for it and you are obviously not paying what he paid for those parts. Even though it is a higher initial purchase price you are getting alot more, plus it is a 69 Dart which is more desireable then a 76 Duster that is gonna have all the front sheet metal replaced with harder to find 70-72 Dart stuff to make the clone to want.

Kind of biased here, but I vote Dart, just cause I love them! And to top it off it sounds like a very nice deal.

Yea we need pics!!!

unfortunately no pictures... yet. sorry! :eek:ops:

edit: called the dart owner and he said he would get some pictures to me this afternoon..
the duster would be hard to take pictures of, it's wedged between a 71 challenger and 65 barracuda.. all you would see is the front & back..

-
Back