Project DART VADER

-
finally got all my brake parts in and installed them for fitment. i ended up using Mustangsteves.com caliper bracket for the Mll spindle. 94-04 mustang Cobra rotors and calipers. 1975 mustang hubs with 2000 mustang gt rear studs on thoes hubs. All in all i was very worried about it adding track width to my set up. may ppl said it would add about 3/4 in on eash side but it really only added 3/16 on each side. seams to me they will do just fine.

Painted my A Arms,spindles and brackets. Ended up using a black rustolum hammered (not in a rattle can), sprayed out of a paint gun with a 1.8tip . i have used this stuff may of time on alot of stuff and i tell you it is as tough as nails.

pic38.png

pic39.png

pic40.png

They look great. Did you have to primer first with that stuff? or is it on direct clean metal?

Nice job! I concur with your idea of going with factory brakes. Like you, I wanted to walk into the local auto parts store and get replacement parts if need be.

Nice job! I concur with your idea of going with factory brakes. Like you, I wanted to walk into the local auto parts store and get replacement parts if need be.

I did the same. I went with Ford Granada rotors and Chevy metric calipers.

Wow, that stance is really nice! Bigger pictures next time though! ;)

That does look nice that low. I could not do that low around me. I live out in the country and would have to drive 30mph everywhere.
Nice job Cody.

car will mostlikely get raised bout 1/2-3/4inch.. sitting lil lower than 3.75 inches from ground rite now

That does look nice that low. I could not do that low around me. I live out in the country and would have to drive 30mph everywhere.
Nice job Cody.

Killer!......

what is the lowest point on the front?....not counting the sway bar connection to the control arms.

Love this build. You're doing a lot of stuff that I hope to do one day, probably when I'm too old to enjoy it.

Killer!......

what is the lowest point on the front?....not counting the sway bar connection to the control arms.

i have a 12inch bar where the coilover goes and 26inch tall tire....
3 inches from the rack and pinion mounts, lowest point.

the sway bar is lower and i think i may try to see if it will work flipped on top of the mopunts some how. if not i will prob try to use the tube style that detroit speed and eng uses on there camaros and stuff. or just make my own.

this sway bar may be forsale idk yet.:burnout:

Oh ok cant wait to see that. And you do beautiful work by the way if you were closer I would be callin you for some work

gotta wait on the parts for the car rite now, just found out my wifes department at the local hospital is closing down. she worked in the labor and delivery dept. nearest hospital is nearly 50miles bothe directions so i dont unerstand there thinking. January first she will need to find a new job. got a few other side jobs lined up like putting a cobra 4.6 dohc motor and trans in the 1966 f100. and i have a few stereo installs in the works. just sad. dam economy

well i was in the shop tonight getting everything ready to pull this ford cobra motor out of a wrecked stang for the f100 swap and decided to see what the hood looks like on a dart... i will need some kind of 2.5in cowl or scoop or somethng. i know non mopar parts on a mopar ant good with the gods but what do ya think.?? input welcome. last pic is a cobra R hood 2.5 in cowl.

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Cobra R hood

3K13F23Jd5N95M25J3caj48144b4f19bd197c.jpg

-
Back