Project I'm working on...need some help

-

wheelman21

Mopar noob
Reaction score
So I'm not sure if you would call this a project or if it's even allowed but I'm having some trouble drumming up interest, and I figured the people here would understand why I'm doing this. If this isn't allowed admin just let me know or remove.

If you guys wouldn't mind just taking a quick moment to take a look at this.

www.raymondsride.com

Long story short is this: I'm really close with my granddad. Our thing is going to car shows, it seems like he has a story for every one. He's always been a classic car hotrodder kind of guy. He had a 62 impala for decades, stored away and taken care of. Well when he and my grandmother moved, he had to sell the car to afford the house. So he sold it. It was hard for him to let it go and every since I've always said I was going to get him another classic. I'm 25 and finally getting a bit settled in life. He was diagnosed with cancer about 6 months ago. As he's gone through treatment I've realized that I might not have as much time as I thought and I just don't have the coin right now to replace it on my own, and he sure doesn't. He never had much money. He is a very salt of the earth blue collar guy. So I put this together to try and help do it. If I can raise enough ideally I would replace his 62, however at the rate it's going it's unlikely. So if I can get enough, I'm going to get him an early A body. I know it's different than an impala, but with the right touches I know he'd absolutely love it. I know he'll love anything honestly. So if you guys wouldn't mind taking a minute just to look at it, help if you can/want and maybe share it on facebook or twitter if you're willing. Thanks again guys for taking a look!

My wife is followed by Richard Rawlings on Twitter, so I forwarded your link to both of them. I wish we could help out, but maybe if we can get someone like him involved, it might make your task a whole lot easier. Good luck and God bless!

I also sent it to Chip Foose and Danny Koker. Maybe one of them will read it and decide to help. Once again, good luck!

My wife is followed by Richard Rawlings on Twitter, so I forwarded your link to both of them. I wish we could help out, but maybe if we can get someone like him involved, it might make your task a whole lot easier. Good luck and God bless!

I also sent it to Chip Foose and Danny Koker. Maybe one of them will read it and decide to help. Once again, good luck!

Hey thank you so much! I really appreciate you sharing it on! Hotrod magazine retweeted me on Saturday evening and that got us our first donation but it's been dead silent since then.

Do any of you fellas have any suggestions on how to gain some traction with this? I'm feeling a bit discouraged. I know to some it probably seems stupid or silly, but there are causes out there about some pretty stupid stuff and they get support, so there has to be something I can do.

It's looking like this thing might become a tribute build...poor guy is in the hospital with pneumonia and a possible blood infection. Prayers would be appreciated fellas.

Best of luck to you and Raymond. I think we all have lost someone to cancer and we pray your family be strong during these trying times.

As for traction, it seems like you've hit all avenues of social media. Let's hope a big dog gets involved.

It's looking like this thing might become a tribute build...poor guy is in the hospital with pneumonia and a possible blood infection. Prayers would be appreciated fellas.

Prayers sent for your grandpa, hope he is able to fight it and get better.

Prayers sent for your grandpa, hope he is able to fight it and get better.

Thanks for all the prayers fellas. I'm very sad to report that Ray didn't make it. He beat the blood infection and the pneumonia but his kidneys shut down and then he got fibrosis in the lungs which hardens the lungs. There is no cure. He's a tough old sailor but it's more than he could take and he passed away. I will miss him dearly. He was a lot more than a grandparent.

He left me his car, a mint condition 97 ford Taurus. Only car he ever bought new. I'll probably hang onto it a while and then sell it to get a start to build something special in his honor. I'll keep honing my skills so when the time comes, it will be my finest work. Thanks again for the prayers guys. The world lost another old School car guy. What a shame it is, he was such a tough and healthy guy. It still doesn't seem real that he's gone.

-
Back