Project Nighthawk

-
Good looking truck, I like the older dodge trucks best. I used to have a 1978 Warlock, and I currently have a 1972 W100 Power Wagon shortbed.

I too have a weakness for black Dodge trucks. This is my 97 Ram 1500 with 8in total lift and 37" Swampers. But I love that truck of yours!

100_8226.jpg

100_8227.jpg

And then there where headers \\:D/ also installed msd coil and ballast resistor. Installed green led in tach, and green covers on small gauges, will be saving for 3 more led bulbs

headers.jpg

headers1.jpg

gauges5.jpg

Here a few more update pics, got the motor primed and distributor set. Plug wires are on and I hope to fire it up next sat. will have a video when that happens !!!!!!:cheers:

plugwires.jpg

plugwires1.jpg

plugwires2.jpg

That thing is looking killer!
I could not tell in the pics but make sure that anywhere you have wires or hoses going through a hole in the metal body that you have a grommet in them. Also, the steel braided hose will eat anything they ride against from the vibrations going down the road so you have to make sure that you clamp them away from everything. They should be touching nothing but clamps.

You should video the first start up so we can hear it too!
I am wanting to do the same type truck with the 383/TF727 I have in the garage. It's a factory 4-barrel engine out of a 65 Monaco. After the 318 twin turbo build for my 69 340 4speed dart swinger, that's the next project. 383, .030" over, 440 crank=431", also with twin turbos.

Your valve cover clearance is real tight. You should probably use solid mounts.

P.S. I have plenty of differnt size adel clamps available for wires and hoses (or anything else you want to clamp in place). They are aircraft clamps, aluminum strap with high temp rubber insert...top quality as used on all commercial and military aircraft.

Mopar340dave thanks for the tips, I do have gromets installed and the braided hose is secured and not touching anything. You are right my clearance is real tight I'll see what happens when it's started and I may need to look for a different brake booster. Just have to wait and see

I had the same problem only with the oil pan to k member clearance in my 69 dart. I ended up notching the K member and running solid mounts. It's way better on shifts this way anyway.

Wow,
Thats a real nice engine space, good job!
Good luck with starting, i`d love to see a small movie of it.

It has a built 904 with a tf2 shift kit, as for a rear end it has a 9.25 with 3.92 and a suregrip

That truck is going to be red lining at 70 with 3.92. I would say you need some 3.55 or a trans with a 5 speed. But over all the truck looks good. Keep up the good work. I would love to see the video of the 1st start up. Cheers

Nope I did the math 3000-3200 rpms at 70 mph with 30.5 inch tires, Really depends on how loose convertor is. You will get to see the video soon

Yeah man, sounds killer! I'll have to post a vid of my beast of a 69 340 w/complete Crane valvetrain and forged pistons, giving it just under 10-1 compression, still running the original x heads and block at .057" over.
3gears.gif

I slapped some cheap-o mufflers on so I could drive her with out the law bothering me and she runs good, I'm fighting a noise in the trans right now but other than that I'm very happy with it. It will sure wrap that speedo quick compared to the ol'318 and I'm still breaking it in haven't even got it over 4 grand. Can't wait till I can romp on it and cook some rear tires:burnout:

Well I've got 1000 miles on the new combo and I must say I runs good. I maintained a lot of street driveablity I though that I would lose. Even get decent traction from a roll but from a stop it's smoke city 160 foot burn outs. I love it. Here a few progress pics got the exhaust done about 500 miles ago really like how it turned out. going to get another video as soon as I can. I also fabed and built a radio box for some tunes. Enjoy the pics

exhaust.jpg

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

radio box1.jpg

radio box.jpg

-
Back