project redfish 1

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
well, i started the underside of the cuda. i have had new ss brake and fuel(3/8) line, gas tank, straps, leaf springs, shackles, etc. hanging around for about 2 months. i have had my car in continous use on weekends for events, for awhile and couldnt tear it down at that time. its time now.

sunday i pulled the gas tank and degreased the underside about 3 times and got 90% of it off. wasnt that bad. floor pans are excellent(sorry east coast guys). then got it inside and pulled the rear, leaf springs, driveshaft.

today i pulled the front to rear fuel and brake lines. heres some pics to ponder on.

DSC00219.jpg

DSC00219 (Medium).JPG

DSC00220 (Medium).JPG

DSC00221 (Medium).JPG

DSC00222 (Medium).JPG

DSC00223 (Medium).JPG

DSC00224 (Medium).JPG

DSC00225 (Medium).JPG

DSC00226 (Medium).JPG

DSC00227 (Medium).JPG

Nice Ride! I have the exact same sub-frame connectors from Magnum force on my car too! I also welded mine in just like yours.

Haven't seen frame connectors like that before. Cool. SS will look nice when yer done.

well, i started the underside of the cuda. i have had new ss brake and fuel(3/8) line, gas tank, straps, leaf springs, shackles, etc. hanging around for about 2 months. i have had my car in continous use on weekends for events, for awhile and couldnt tear it down at that time. its time now.

sunday i pulled the gas tank and degreased the underside about 3 times and got 90% of it off. wasnt that bad. floor pans are excellent(sorry east coast guys). then got it inside and pulled the rear, leaf springs, driveshaft.

today i pulled the front to rear fuel and brake lines. heres some pics to ponder on.

Hey Red:

The pic below shows 2 holes in the same location where you welded your sub frame connectors. Was there a bracket of some sort in the small hole? The larger one looks like a stress relief hole???

Thanks

DSCN0826.jpg

Good looking barracuda!! how douse it feel to finally get more dun to it?
I have herd that red fish put up quite a fight.:toothy10:
Keep us posted on this nice fish.

Good looking barracuda!! how douse it feel to finally get more dun to it?
I have herd that red fish put up quite a fight.:toothy10:
Keep us posted on this nice fish.

it feels great to do more, after this though i have to lay low, stack up some cash and wait til winter for other stuff.

who did you hear from that redfish put up a fight?? i smacked her around real good, then proceeded to strip her underside. she did fight at first, but then she felt comfortable enough for me to continue.:toothy10:

yeah i like those magnum force subframes. my buddy tig'd them in place. they are left/right specific.

i don't know about that hole, i don't remember seeing that on mine.......

here is the underside about 90% clean. i also removed my entire exhaust system. i hate cleaning.

DSC00245 (Medium).JPG

DSC00246 (Medium).JPG

DSC00247 (Medium).JPG

DSC00248 (Medium).JPG

DSC00249 (Medium).JPG

DSC00250 (Medium).JPG

DSC00251 (Medium).JPG

DSC00252 (Medium).JPG

DSC00253 (Medium).JPG

Are you pressure whashing the underside to get it that clean?

redfastback that looks like you spent two week's on it.

Look's real good.:cheers:

redfastback that looks like you spent two week's on it.

actually, i spent an entire day with denatured alcohol and rags. i previously degreased it with foamy engine brite right after i drove it so everything was nice and warm and it all ran off like butter. i still have above the rear axle to do.
this car is EXCEPTIONALLY clean due to the fact that i have only 50,000 miles on the clock and when i got it in 98', it had 38,000 miles. rumor has it that it was street raced for years here in oakland and sat up inside for awhile at times.

i just got done with blasting/painting the front/rear hangars for the springs and they are drying right now. i usually replace the front eye bolt with a grade 8.

Get her warm and let it hit the floor. Smart move. :cheers:
This is the time of year to let it stay warm and get it off there.:toothy10:
It still looks like you worked intensively on it.
It looks like you have it going on.
And I can't wait to see it sprayed.
It's got to look better than factory.:clock:

well got some pics here of the hangars and a little mishap............. i went to open the driver door and oh sh*t!!! the damn button fell into the door! well i guess these new door handles were assembled in china with globally made parts. oh well, i'll deal with that later.

DSC00260 (Medium).JPG

DSC00263 (Medium).JPG

DSC00264 (Medium).JPG

DSC00259 (Medium) (Small).JPG

DSC00261 (Medium) (Small).JPG

DSC00262 (Medium) (Small).JPG

well got some pics here of the hangars and a little mishap............. i went to open the driver door and oh sh*t!!! the damn button fell into the door! well i guess these new door handles were assembled in china with globally made parts. oh well, i'll deal with that later.
Well !!! At least you know where it is!!
problem would be remembering where it is
if it's not where it belong's:cheers:

well, i guess its time to give everyone a bit of an update. here are the shackles, hangars blasted and painted, all the hardware, and the first 2 coats under the car.

DSC00277 (Medium).JPG

DSC00288 (Medium).JPG

DSC00282 (Medium).JPG

DSC00283 (Medium).JPG

DSC00284 (Medium).JPG

DSC00285 (Medium).JPG

DSC00286 (Medium).JPG

DSC00290 (Medium).JPG

some of those pics cant show how good the finish is. too much flash. its really smooth. i also decided to leave undercoating in the wheel wells for road noise reduction, there was no rust under this car so no worries. the last pic shows the new hd shackles from just suspension that are way thicker than stock.

Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see more of this great fish.

well, another snafu. i was installing the brake line (f to r) and realized that the bends were all wrong. i fished the tag out of the garbage and went online and found out that not only the f to r but the rear axle brake lines as well are for a 68 roadrunner. at least the fuel line was for a 68 cuda. looks like hot antioch night on the 22nd is not going to happen. i hope the replacements are here for the mopar show in monterey on august 3rd. here is some pics of at least the tank and line in. btw, i am cutting the front off the fuel line to put an earl's tube adapter to -6 braided line that then goes to my regulator.

DSC00302 (Medium).JPG

DSC00303 (Medium).JPG

DSC00304 (Medium).JPG

DSC00305 (Medium).JPG

DSC00306 (Medium).JPG

DSC00308 (Medium).JPG

hey steve. your car looks awsome. its coming along great. i didnt know anything about the two car shows you mentioned. is the antioch one this month?

BERKLEY.JPG

its the 22nd. the mopars in monterey is the 10 or 11th of august, i gotta check the flyer.

well , even though i am still waiting on brake lines, i got some other stuff done. i tore down the rear end, cleaned and paint the housing and center section. i also got the fuel pump and filter installed, just gotta get more fittings. i also found out that my rear is a 70-72 style a body 8 3/4 housing. i found out by where the vent hole is located, so even the new lines coming won't work. i'll get on the horn monday morning.

DSC00315 (Medium).JPG

DSC00316 (Medium).JPG

DSC00317 (Medium).JPG

DSC00318 (Medium).JPG

DSC00322 (Medium).JPG

DSC00319 (Medium) (Small).JPG

DSC00320 (Medium) (Small).JPG

today came as a surprise as the correct brake lines made it here! i also had run into a problem with the rear shackle poly bushings not wanting to go in. it turned out that the sleeve was a HAIR to thick. i took it over to my machine shop buddy and he turned them down a hair, probably a couple of thousands. anyway, all done and ready to install this weekend.

-
Back