Project "Unicorn" 69 Dart

-
Update: I went in the next day and the second grease seal that was a b!%ch the day before went right in the on the second side the first time I tried it... so got the passenger side on just need the braided lines to go on and plumb new hard lines for the front. At this point I'm just shooting to get the front done so I can get it to the show on the 7th.

As far as the carb everyone in the shop agreed that the issue was the carb so I'm looking at a Holley street avenger 670 with shiny aluminum body, that way when I finally get around to building the motor I won't have to get another one.

So i got to work on the rear and removed the old axles drums and backing plates got everything cleaned up and attempted to install the rear kit and no access hole in the new axle makes it almost impossible to get the nuts on let alone get them threaded. So I went back and looked at the old axles and the old ones had an access hole that made life a breeze.

So I contacted moser and apparently they do it for 20$ but neglected to inform me of that waiting to hear back and see what they say. I'll pay the 20$ but I'm not paying shipping there and back.

So I started working on the master cylinder setup, I got the holly along with the Edelbrock intake waiting to go in as well so I have plenty to do while waiting on Moser. I can take some pictures of the setup if anyone is interested.

Quick update been plugging away at the Dart got the 8 3/4 in with a few snags of course. when I got the rear axle I didn't get any shock plates or u bolts... quick trip to $bay and I got a really nice set all ready to bolt in and go.

while changing the plates though I broke an air line to one of my air shocks.... so now I have new hotchkis shocks all the way around on their way in and the list goes on.

just need to pull the driveline have it cut, have the brake booster rebuilt, run new hard lines on the chassis, mount the rear calipers and run the new lines on the axle, install the new shocks, Holley street avenger 670 and edelbrock intake and were good!

I'll be posting some pictures up here in a bit to update the new look :D

nice bike, i too am a kawi man-

pic from the day I picked it up from the dealership

very nice bike! I like the color :thumblef: what year? size? Gotta be newer then 06 looks too sleek with the flush mount turns and the fairing with the chunk missing for the beefy exhaust showing!

It's been a while since I posted pics so here are a few

Before

Here is half way through the conversion process

After still on stands because of a bad air line to the shocks

I placed the order for new Hotchkis/Bilstein shocks! the Rear should sit as low as before and have a much better ride but it's going to make me want the whole TVS kit..... but I need tools more

very nice bike! I like the color :thumblef: what year? size? Gotta be newer then 06 looks too sleek with the flush mount turns and the fairing with the chunk missing for the beefy exhaust showing!

it is an 07 zx-10r (06/7 are pretty much the same on the 1000s)

only thing I have changed from the day I drove it off the lot is license plate holder reduction, added a taller windscreen (125 mile/day commute) and added modified buell pegs to give me a little more leg room. I guess they wanted to show off the titanium exhaust, its all rainbow colored now.

Candy Plasma Blue is one of my favorite colors!

it is an 07 zx-10r (06/7 are pretty much the same on the 1000s)

only thing I have changed from the day I drove it off the lot is license plate holder reduction, added a taller windscreen (125 mile/day commute) and added modified buell pegs to give me a little more leg room. I guess they wanted to show off the titanium exhaust, its all rainbow colored now.

Candy Plasma Blue is one of my favorite colors!

125 a day that'll rack up the miles really quick, how many miles do you have on it now? What sold you on a 10R? I thought about the idea but on the 636 I had power commander installed/tuned and got an extra 14hp at the wheel I'm at 108 right now and it flies.... well almost. I'm with you I have always liked the candy plasma blue kawis I'm thinking about getting a new 636 once they come out with a blue one did you get the double bubble wind screen? It's so nice on full tuck

-
Back