Project Valvo - A Tale of Domestic Ambition

-
Been a while since I have checked in here. Life has been getting in the way of playing cars lately so I have not had time to even think about this thing. Last night I started the Valiant for the first time in a few months and it runs so well!

I do not know if I will go ahead with the 24V swap or keep the original drivetrain. I don't need the expense and time consumption of a major engine swap right now despite how tempting it is. In the meantime though, I have repainted the dash yet again to match the existing blue interior. I could not make myself spend $6-700 on recovering seats that were perfectly fine even if they are perfectly ugly. Instead, I am planning what I have always wanted to do, make a police clone. It is the perfect way to embrace the blue/gold combination and to be creative in the process. I already have an a-pillar spotlight and ideas for covering up the faded gold with a blue that will 'complement' the interior.

Who knows what will happen in the near future regarding this car. I want to drive it now so I plan to do some major tidying up on it this weekend if time allows....

*FOR SALE*
Well, sad to announce that time and funds necessitate the sale of this car. My 3 kids and 3 jobs are keeping me out of the garage these days, I can't even find time to clean up out there. I'm out of space and need to get rid of a project before I get past the point of no return.
The Valiant is officially for sale. Running/driving with an increased capacity radiator added. It needs to have the transmission cooler hooked up and it needs a windshield. The dash is partially taken apart right now as I was freshening up the gauges. Things like this I will continue to wrap up until it sells.
The body is in great shape, very solid. Passenger front floor is rusty and was previously patched with flat sheet and tek screws. I have a brand new pan in the box that goes with the car. Only other rust is in the passenger quarterpanel just behind the wheel. It is bubbling under the paint but has not gone through yet. All steel behind this is in tact. Otherwise the passenger fender has a mild dent.
The car has a freshly rebuilt power steering pump on it and newer brakes. Tires are good. Interior is in great shape. Dash recently painted and dash cap recovered.
I also have many extra parts to go with it:
13" steel wheels & hubcaps
Steering column/steering wheel
Rear window
Complete rear door (driver)
'71 hood, header panel, grille
'69 tail lights in excellent shape
Set of extra chrome trim
Lots of interior parts
Lots more including a factory a/c system, RB2 compressor and dash wiring harness

Really wish I could keep this and go through with the restomod, but I am also trying to get my own business cranked up right now and I just can't commit to it.

Asking $2650 Car located in Plano, TX 75075

email me at bullitt210atgmaildotcom if interested. I have many pics of the car showing the trouble areas and I am very willing to take any others to answer questions if you have them.

This car, and the extra parts I have could go into this car and easily make a Duel movie car clone.

Well, I'm thankful for one thing, and that is that you didn't manage to totally disassemble it for that Volvo idea.

I don't know what to say about these projects/threads that start out like they all do, with a grand announcement, then as time goes on you can see the handwriting on the wall. There's always the hints about "no time", or birthday parties to go to. Then, finally, the For Sale announcement.

That's why I generally refuse to contribute to project threads until they have about 4 pages accumulated, because otherwise it's always the same thing. A bunch of people saying good luck, you can do it, nice car, blah blah blah, then pffffffttt.

It's like this: old cars DEMAND time, money, and ambition. All three of those. I refuse to believe that the OP was unaware that he had 3 jobs and 3 kids and a business to get off the ground back in September. This entire thread has been an internal fantasy that somehow got posted on a web board. It's always a dangerous sign when someone has a huge idea with no prior evidence they can pull it off. Sometimes they can and great things happen. Other times.....:violent2:

Had a friend that decided it would be a good idea to remove the engine from a 4yo Mustang GT and replace it with a Cadillac V8. Hasn't been a running car in about 9 years now.

Best of luck with the home business. based on my experience selling them plan to actually get about a grand less for that Valiant, and also know that it likely will be cut up for parts when you sell it no matter what the buyer tells you. They love dry southwestern sheetmetal.

-
Back