Prop valve fitting size

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
On the newer all in one prop valve, what is the larger fitting size for the top of the valve? The line that goes to the front brake master cylinder res

If you can't figure it, find a real parts store and if they do not have nuts loose, or adapters for inverted flare, "get into" the universal replacement brake tube. Make certain you have inverted flare and not "bubble," and U.S. and not metric.

Find what fits, likely either 1/4 or 5/16 tube size. Then look up on the www and find the specs on that size, such as this one

Also know that most places are NOT going to have what you need, AKA a special large thread nut for 3/16 tube.

Note that these are measured on the MALE end, measuring a female thread is much more difficult

invertedflare.jpg

Soooo does anyone know what size that is? If it is not 1/2 or 9/16 with 3/16 tube then I am lost as to what is considered special?

I make all of my own lines, just needed to know what size it was. 1/2-20 is the same as one of the ports on the Master so I have extras which is perfect

Soooo does anyone know what size that is? If it is not 1/2 or 9/16 with 3/16 tube then I am lost as to what is considered special?
We are talking about special as opposed to the standardized fittings that are normally on a "say" 3/16 OD tube as in the chart I posted. any thread other than those is not "standard." There is only one standard thread size for 3/16 tube and that is 3/8-24

On some masters (I think mostly GM) not only were 3/16 tube nuts special and larger thread, but some were DIFFERENT thread. I can still remember in the days when we sold master connected adapter tee's for brake controllers.

-
Back