Proper decal placement '72 Demon 340

-

rch105

Reaction score
Since I've seen a few variations on where to place the rear Demon 340 decal, I thought it would be smart to check with the experts, you guys who own them. What is the correct location and placement? A pic would be really handy! Thanks!!!

Actually if you want to do your '72 Demon correctly there never was supposed to be a decal on the back of the '72's at all, just the stripes around the taillights, also no decals on front quarter panels, just the "Demon" badges. ALL the ones that have the Demon decal on the back are wrong including mine, they were already phasing out the name Demon to Dart Sport in '73.

Attachments

• 79022.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Correct 72 Tail Stripe.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen shot 2010-12-10 at 8.37.32 PM.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 128
I had a feeling what you wrote about not having one on the rear might be correct. When I bought the car from the second owner, he had never gotten around to having the rear striping put on. He mentioned at the time of my purchase that "his" car didn't have the Demon 340 decal on it when he bought it in 1973. After he had it repainted, he said he only had the side stripes put on (a money issue at the time).

I've seen some without and some with, and those that have them, a few variations on the same general location. I'm glad to know your findings and mine will stay the way it is...no Demon 340 on the rear stripes.

Thanks!!!

-
Back