Proper Exhaust Diameter fo a 4bbl 225?

-
Id see how they take care of it before I decide whether to stick with them. Did they do the actual rebuild? Machine work too? Or did they just remove/replace and someone else did teardown and build up, and the shop where it's at just reinstalled it?
Depending on how many "3rd hands" we're involved, warranty could be a cluster.
Another reason why I do as much of my own work as humanity possible. And stop by the machine shop to check on progress often til I get my parts back into my own hands. Cuts down on blaming "they" or them" and the passing of the buck.

A bit of an update. When the mechanic opened up the engine to retune the valves he found an exploded rocker and a valve sucked into the head, all of which might have a bit to do with the issues I was having:eek:. Luckily the rebuild is still under warranty. Might be time to find another garage.
Joes garage should fix that up. I know North Eugene Automotive off River Road used to be the spot for old Mopars. The original owner Rick LaChance was an avid drag racer in a 69 Dart that ran 9s. He has since passed of brain cancer but there was a younger guy working there that took the shop over that has been there for awhile. Dustin

So the garage is warrantying the rebuild and are replacing the head. I'm springing to have the ports and valves upgraded as long as they'e got things torn apart anyway. Making lemonade with the lemons!

I would look at shaving the bottom of the head to bump up compression. I did .090 off mine. You can go as far as .120 before you need custom push rods. Porting a head isn't cheap. Lots of gains to be had in the ports.

I still have stock valves in my head.

I would look at shaving the bottom of the head to bump up compression. I did .090 off mine. You can go as far as .120 before you need custom push rods. Porting a head isn't cheap. Lots of gains to be had in the ports.

I still have stock valves in my head.
Chit. Somebody shouldda told me. Mine has had at least .175" cut off it and I still used stock pushrods. lol

That was what they always said at the slant forum. Stock rocker arms?

What did your chambers CC out at? Which head, peanut or drool tube?
It's a drool tube head. It went from 56ccs to 34.

It's a drool tube head. It went from 56ccs to 34.
I have a head in the shop. I was going to do that one for a '74 Dart. Trying to think what I had taken off that one. Trying to remember how it had been planed. I remember measuring the chambers at 45. Did I polish them? Maybe. I'll be out there today. Any porting? I'll be out there today. :rolleyes:

I have a head in the shop. I was going to do that one for a '74 Dart. Trying to think what I had taken off that one. Trying to remember how it had been planed. I remember measuring the chambers at 45. Did I polish them? Maybe. I'll be out there today. Any porting? I'll be out there today. :rolleyes:
I have this worked, 318 valved, ported factory prototype closed chamber head going on my next build.
CLOSED CHAMBER PORTED (1).jpg

The machinist the mechanic uses is going to do a .100 shave along with the port work. Once I retire maybe I can get on as an apprentice there and finally learn some of this stuff myself.

The machinist the mechanic uses is going to do a .100 shave along with the port work. Once I retire maybe I can get on as an apprentice there and finally learn some of this stuff myself.
That's what I intended my current head to get milled. However, a mishap occurred and it had to be milled a lot more to straighten it out.

Here it is complete, valves and all. It's ready to bolt on. All I need to do is finish the short block.
View attachment 1716044349
That is a real work of art.
I just finished catching up on SlantSix's thread on his 64 Dart project and am just gobsmacked at what some of you guys bring to the table. Now I'm slapping myself to stop thinking about replacing my 3 on the tree with a 5spd :eek:.

That is a real work of art.
I just finished catching up on SlantSix's thread on his 64 Dart project and am just gobsmacked at what some of you guys bring to the table. Now I'm slapping myself to stop thinking about replacing my 3 on the tree with a 5spd :eek:.
Aw chit. I ain't about nuthin man. Greg and many others slap put me to shame.

It's what it's all about.Doing what YOU want, with what you want.
I got chastised severely over the years about having 4 door cars and lowly Slant Six engines.
I once had a very clean 66 Charger with a small block. Was told what a waste,It should have a Hemi.
Who cares what others say or do. It's yours. Sad they don't see what we do.
Ok, rant over. Back to our regular scheduled program.:)

-
Back