proper placement for 72 Dart emblems???

-

greenmonsta79

Reaction score
Sorry guys I imagine this has been asked to death but I didnt find much using the search engine and I have searched other sites on the internet and have differing opinions, my 72 Dart has no emblems whatsoever,
my car has 2 small holes on the quarter panel and I can tell they are factory holes, now the car has a different front clip on it and it has holes on the fenders also which doesnt mean much since it could be from a 70,71 I found a Swinger emblem and it had 3 mounting pegs so does the quarter panel just say Dart? but I have seen Dart Swinger on the quarter as well??? I may say forget it and just weld all the holes shut and put Nova emblems on it since all the dumb Chevy guys around here think a Challenger is a Camaro and Darts are Nova II's :shock:

Thanks for the info, I didnt think they were still on the quarters in 72 so I will just tack weld the holes shut, and will just run front fender badges!

Well I found out the holes on the quarter panel ARE supposed to be there, My car is a Dart Swinger Special, and on the special from what I have seen they had the Dart nameplate on the quarter panel below the side window, and the standard Swinger badge on the fender WITH a badge that read "special" just to the side of it! Mystery solved and from what I read this is the only 72 model with the quarter emblems the regular Dart swingers had no badges on the quarters!

Nice, i was just about to make a thread about just the same topic.
My ´70 Swinger didn't have any emblems at all, so i will go on a "treasure hunt" to find the holes in the quarter panel. I was lucky to get my hands on a set of NOS emblems. :)

-
Back