Status
Not open for further replies.

Phily

3XL, loud pipes, loud music, loud weed
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
So I was forced to switch to disc brakes and I wasn't ready yet. But the situation called for it. I have a 76 dart. I took the disc from a swinger that looked close in years. I should ha EA ran a VIN decided and checked o well. UCA and lca looked the same on my drum set up. I got everything I think but the proportioning valve as it wasn't there.
I got the rotors calipers and spindles. I order new hose and have the rest of the bearing coming Tuesday.
If anything else I need and you have it let me know

What year was the swinger? If 72 and older it is most likely going to have small bolt pattern axles Just FYI. You can get a stock prop valve from ss tubes or classic industries. Specify the year of the swinger to get the parts to be from the same year.

Or keep what you have and add an adjustable one. (Jegs or Summit sell em cheap)

Not sure if the year but I'm sure it's 73 up. The rotors slip into the smallest part of my cragers unilug but my sbp drum wouldn't. Here is a pic of the donor

IMG_20170429_154705.jpg

Not sure if the year but I'm sure it's 73 up. The rotors slip into the smallest part of my cragers unilug but my sbp drum wouldn't. Here is a pic of the donor

View attachment 1715043054

That is for sure 73+ (same front end as yours) so you're good to go. The prop valve was missing from that car?

It is in the engine bay on the drivers side. Follow the master cylinder brake lines down and it will be bolted to the frame with one bolt. Should have 3 or 4 lines going to it. Cant remember.

There wasnt a master cylinder in it and the lines came up from the bottom and I didnt see anything connected to them. They looked like the just went under the car. U less I missed it but I did look. I'll be going back sometime this week after I earn some more cash. I need to get a gas tank m for my grand caravan. I'll double check if I hadn't gotten one by then. There was no motor either so it wasn't hard looking around lol
The hardest part so far has been getting the lca and lower ball joint separated lol. I ended up having to smack the top of the bolt to get it to pop out as my joint separators seem to be a quarter inch to long. Yep next time I pull out my grinder I'll be modifying one of them lol. O and I think I only remember er seeing g 2 lines? Maybe I did miss it who knows. Time will tell. I take more pics next time I. There

There wasnt a master cylinder in it and the lines came up from the bottom and I didnt see anything connected to them. They looked like the just went under the car. U less I missed it but I did look. I'll be going back sometime this week after I earn some more cash. I need to get a gas tank m for my grand caravan. I'll double check if I hadn't gotten one by then. There was no motor either so it wasn't hard looking around lol
The hardest part so far has been getting the lca and lower ball joint separated lol. I ended up having to smack the top of the bolt to get it to pop out as my joint separators seem to be a quarter inch to long. Yep next time I pull out my grinder I'll be modifying one of them lol. O and I think I only remember er seeing g 2 lines? Maybe I did miss it who knows. Time will tell. I take more pics next time I. There

Cool. Well good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back