Proportioning Valve

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
They never used a proportioning valve. They used a distribution block (tee) and they are the same for drum and disc. When I switched my car over I used everything out of a '74 dart. Master cylinder, calipers, rotors and after switching to LBP axles I used the rear backing plates, wheel cylinders and brake shoes.

I had drum brakes on the front of my 67 cuda .. I have discs now and I didn't change the block out.

Unless you're looking for OEM parts, I used a summit brand proportioning valve/distribution block in my brake system (disc front drums rear). Its the same prop. valve made by stainless steel disc brakes, only cheaper. Mounted it on the inner fender below the master cylinder for easy access to dial the brakes in.

Thanks, I'm a novice and appreciate your insight. I've got a '68 Barracuda w/drums that I'm converting to lbp front disc. So, from what you're saying I can keep the current block without any braking issues. How do most guys convert from smb to large on the rear? Do I need new axles or can the existing be redrilled?

thx

I've switched from drum to disc brakes several times and never changed blocks or prop valves...worked fine every time.

I hope you are not making the same mistake that i did i have a proporting valve for a 73 duster i bought it new because i thought that mine was bad only to find out that i am a idiot because the hole that i thought was stripped was actually a different size( a little bit bigger) it wouldent tighten so i bought a new proporting valve and after spending 100 dollars on it (look at inline tube for new) i realized that my old valve was ok and yesterday i got my last brake line made so i cant wait to put it on so i will have a running and stopping car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back