proportioning valve

-

Gus Loza

Reaction score
am getting ready to buy some new brake lines for my 1969 dart, and im upgrading to wilwood 4-piston calipers. my question is, if i install a proportioning valve under the master cylinder, i have to cut into the new pre-bent lines right? is this easy if i have the flaring tools? or should i bend my own? what would you suggest?

flaring is simple off the car. the challenge will be the line on the car that cannot be removed. the real key to flaring is the right tool!!! there are kits for 20 30 bucks but you get what you pay for. eastwood has a flaring tool you mount in your bench top vice, but is 100% worth the $$ if you going to do any amout of flaring.
do the cut low enough so that have enought marteral to get the tool in on the line that is on the car. also you may need to mak and extention dependiton on the inlet and out let of the prop valve

I flare lines all the time with a $15 HF set up, I must be doing something wrong. :-D

The are some very cool and very expensive set ups. The ones with a hydraulic cylinder are sweet and costly.

If you haven't done flaring, get a scrap piece and practice a few times.

Gus, I'm in the same situation, doing a disc brake upgrade on my '67 9" drum car. I was thinking of getting some pre-bent lines to fit a '73 era distribution block that I got on FABO. It has a warning light switch, proportioning and metering valve.
It's also good to do your own flares, if you have good brake lines. Remember to put on the nut before you flare the line.

-
Back