ps coupler help!!

-

kempkan

Reaction score
I just bought my flaming river box and shaft to convert ps to manual steering. How do you get the ps coupler off the steering shaft I'm losing my mind here. If anyone has any tips please help I'm working on it now. Thanks guys.

I see the pin now do you just punch toward the outside of the coupler? I'm ready to snap it off I m going nuts it keeps jumping around.

i would have the steering box still in place and the key out so it wont turn on you then take a punch that can fit thru the hole and drive it straight out. once its started it wont be to hard and clean will help to

Ok I got it off now there is a bigger pin in there does that punch right out too? Thanks again for the help.

I can't seem to punch it out. Air hammer? Is the only one bearing in the whole shaft toward the drive indicator? I hope there shouldn't be a bearing at the end of the shaft toward the box. If there is no bearing down the could I use the big end of the flaming river shaft as sort of a bushing?

..........I've never changed 2 a FR unit, but if u need 2 take the pin out, it drives out also, but it is a tough go.......see if u cant put a block of wood or something behind the shaft 2 keep it steady 2 drive the pin out............kim.......

-
Back