PST strut rod bushings?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
We ordered the super frontend rebuild kit from PST for my girlfriends 72 scamp, all rubber bushings. So far the kit is great but the only thing that Im wondering about is the strut rod bushings.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/scamp_of_doom_73/album?.dir=/3f84scd

Does that look like the right bushing? If I used it along with the 2 stock washers they will cover up the hole in the rod for the press pin and there will be 3 threads for the nut to go on. Did they send me the wrong bushings? Everything else in the kit work/fit great.

When everything is tightened properly, the bushing will be the same diameter as the washers. From what I can tell from your photos, the bushing should be fine. Make sure the groove in the bushing is lined up with the hole in the strut rod bracket, and tighten until the bushing is compressed enough to fill the washers. You should then have enough room for the drive pin. Hope this helps.

they would'nt fit my 69 dart. wobble in the k-frame , they are b-body design. used the mopar performance p4529183 they fit like a glove.also they are one piece

Sanguine said:
doesnt look right to me..the ones ive seen are larger in diam and 2 pieces...

There are the two piece design ones (later improved design) and the one piece design ones. I just went through this myself on my 1969 'Cuda. I ordered the PST kit as well. I didn't use the one piece ones they give you in the kit, I bought the Moog K7040 kit. A little more expensive but worth it I believe. As for the one piece ones they will compress when tighted as stated before to the size of the washers and then you can fit your roll pin in on the end of the strut rod. I don't see why they won't work good, but I just liked the design of the Moog ones.

I installed those goofey looking bushings today (figured hell with it I can always take them out). They did smoosh down to the size of the washers and they seem to be pretty snug in there so I will leave them for now and see how they work when we get the car on the road. Thanks for the help guys!

-
Back