PST Suspension Kits

-

roadblock69

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to borrow a friends lift to install my PST Polygraphite kit. Although the instructions were written in spanish it was still able to be completed. However, they didnt bother to send the correct strut rod bushings in the kit and I had to run to the parts store to get Moog bushings to complete the project and get the car off the lift. When I ordered the parts I did so by phone to make sure there was no confusion. I called customer service to make them aware of the issue. I wasnt impressed at all with the response I got. They openly admitted that they sent the wrong bushings and that it was no big deal because, and I quote, " We are only a couple of states away". Long wait when the car has to get off the lift. Someone needs a lesson in customer service.

Really does suck , but trust me I had a company send me drop spindles that were for the passenger side only . And they response was very similar to what you got . But they were from Cali and I had to wait for a week to get a right one . No big deal they said .

I had the opportunity to borrow a friends lift to install my PST Polygraphite kit. Although the instructions were written in spanish it was still able to be completed. However, they didnt bother to send the correct strut rod bushings in the kit and I had to run to the parts store to get Moog bushings to complete the project and get the car off the lift. When I ordered the parts I did so by phone to make sure there was no confusion. I called customer service to make them aware of the issue. I wasnt impressed at all with the response I got. They openly admitted that they sent the wrong bushings and that it was no big deal because, and I quote, " We are only a couple of states away". Long wait when the car has to get off the lift. Someone needs a lesson in customer service.

Hello,

I do apologize for the experience that had with our customer service. Can you tell me the type of the strut rod bushing that was sent to you? Did you get the 2 piece style or the bullet shape? I apologize if his response was taken that way meaning " We are only a couple of states away". But I believe that it was meant to mean you are within the a one day shipping range if the strut bushing were to go out the same day that you made your call. I understand the frustration of a part being incorrect at the time of installation. We do try our very best to correct the issue as soon as possible with in our means.

Thanks
James

Please feel free to contact if there is any other question I can help you with.

I was sent the bullet shaped bushings and should have been sent the two piece ones. Its very easy to spin the meaning of his response to put it in a favorable light for PST. You cannot change the tone of the response. Im glad I didnt take the 10% off discount. I wouldnt want to feel like i owed PST anything.

I'm also going to chime in or "pile" on. I have to buy a whole kit just to get 4
shackle bushings. Even ended up talking to a rep from Prothane who makes
them. He confirmed that in order to get my 4 bushings I have to order an $80
kit after I already paid $110 for a kit to install S/S springs inboard. Checked with all of them. Thats the 61134 HD bushing.Been going round and round now for a month.
Prothane, PST, MOOG, and DST. Sucks.:protest::protest:

I was sent the bullet shaped bushings and should have been sent the two piece ones. Its very easy to spin the meaning of his response to put it in a favorable light for PST. You cannot change the tone of the response. Im glad I didnt take the 10% off discount. I wouldnt want to feel like i owed PST anything.

We are all human amd make mistakes but do feel as a company we made a valid attempt to correct the matter and it was in a timely manner. Again I do apologize if you feel our reps tone was out of line. But I do not understand the amemosity toward s us as it was a honest mistake . As for your last statements I do not follow as we do not feel we expect anything in return. We offer the discount as a curiosity to members of this board.

Thanks
James

I'm also going to chime in or "pile" on. I have to buy a whole kit just to get 4
shackle bushings. Even ended up talking to a rep from Prothane who makes
them. He confirmed that in order to get my 4 bushings I have to order an $80
kit after I already paid $110 for a kit to install S/S springs inboard. Checked with all of them. Thats the 61134 HD bushing.Been going round and round now for a month.
Prothane, PST, MOOG, and DST. Sucks.:protest::protest:

Did you purchase a kit from us ? Or is that we will not break up a shackle kit ?

Thanks
James

I received my super kit from pst and was also disappointed with the one piece strut rod bushings. I'm not laying blame only stating that perhaps in the description of the kit it could also say please specify one or two piece strut rod bushings. This being my first crack a front end work was unfamiliar with both types. No replacement for experience. The only other little thing was rubber bumpers didn't come with any nuts.(all other fasteners included?) In conclusion kit was what it said it would be and was delivered on time and the discount was applied Thanks Bob

Most people I know check thier parts before the car gets taken apart.
It saves all the panic and drama, and helps to keep pissed off people with 7 posts from trashing some of our site vendors in public over something that was although an unfortunate incident, it seems you caused your own emergency.

Just sayin

I my self thinks that PST will learn something on this subject and as well as anyone (like me) when it comes to ordering parts for our A body cars from PST.

Did you purchase a kit from us ? Or is that we will not break up a shackle kit ?

Thanks
James

Don't know who I bought the kit (4-1018) from as it was a year ago, but it came with 4 A body hd shkl bushings (61134) and 4 B&E body hd bushings
(61133). Being that I'm putting S/S springs under the frame rails I need 8 bushings. The kit specifically said its for installing in S/S conversion so why not give me the 8 bushings in the kit? The original kit came with everything needed (grease,bolts,shackles,front eye bushings,sleeves,nuts etc.)
I'm not asking to break up a kit just want the correct number of bushings
for an A body, besides somebody puts these kits together meaning they are tossed in a box but ya can't throw 4 bushings in a seperate box?
BTW TrailBeast I took this car apart 2 years ago just bought the springs and kit. Sorry for my poor planning also my small post numbers so
fu-koff.:finga:
James I already bought another kit and bit the bullet just for those 4 bushings, so anyone need any heavy duty shackles without bushings let me know. Besides I think they came from Prothane and Energysuspensions who just collects my money!:hmph:

When I have 5289 posts I guess my opinion will be alot more important.

Maybe, maybe not.
But maybe by 5289 posts you will realize that this kind of stuff happens all the time when dealing with companies over 40 year old car parts, and maybe saving your anger for something a bit more important than a mis ship and someone on the phone that does not put the same importance on your emergency as you do.

I understand your frustration, just saying that a call into PST's owner/manager would probably have been a better choice with better results.

We have had members here that have had entire engines disappear from shops, or shops close and never got thier parts back.

Now THAT is a worthy reason to trash a company in public, and after 5289 post you would probably realize that what happened to you is almost nothing compared to some.

Wasn't bashing, just stating a better description would be helpful especially when there are more than one option available. Ad reads strut rod bushings included.?????? If you don't know everything about all that's available could lead to assumptions as to what you ordered.

Well said TrailBeast. It is very frustrating, but always check your parts when you buy them and BEFORE you tear the car apart.

Actually I had pretty much the same thing happen with Jegs and Energy suspension parts, except it was that they sent me 6 cylinder front leaf bushings instead of 8 cylinder bushings.
I had to go to the parts house and get stock Moogs to put my daily driver back together.
Yea it kinda sucked, but overall it was'nt as big a deal as say, my water heater dying. :)

There was no point really in calling them, because even though they would have sent them out in 2 day's I wasn't going to tear into it again just for that.

It would however have pissed me off if the person I talked to about it acted like they didn't care.

Trailbeast has some good points but that being said i expect any company that order parts from to be professionals, i expect it right the first time. That's how i become a repeat customer. If this happened to me i would have called pst and let them have the opportunity to make it right with the customer. If i recieved any tone from the rep i would ask to talk to a manager and rip into them about the service and product being provided.

Trailbeast also needs to learn the post dont mean anything on site's like this. Just because you have a surplus of time to sit and chat doesn't mean anything.

just my 2 Canadian pennies

I totally agree on the first paragraph.

On the second, I'm not sure what you mean.
If you mean negative comments over a small issue don't matter on a forum with 25,000+ members, then maybe we should ask Mike how it affected his day.
Being the "face" of PST here.

I understand everyone's point of view, I just thought it seemed like a retaliatory and overly dramatic response to the event.

I'm over it. :)

Maybe, maybe not.
But maybe by 5289 posts you will realize that this kind of stuff happens all the time when dealing with companies over 40 year old car parts, and maybe saving your anger for something a bit more important than a mis ship and someone on the phone that does not put the same importance on your emergency as you do.

I understand your frustration, just saying that a call into PST's owner/manager would probably have been a better choice with better results.

We have had members here that have had entire engines disappear from shops, or shops close and never got thier parts back.

Now THAT is a worthy reason to trash a company in public, and after 5289 post you would probably realize that what happened to you is almost nothing compared to some.

Granted you have a point, but at the same time, I've been a member here since 07/08. I've seen countless threads about similar stuff happening from vendors, mistakes happen. But a lot of times, its how the customer is treated that results in these threads. I've ordered from PST when I had my chargers, simple front end kit and it went in fine. That's been a couple years back.

However, I do want to state this for PST to see, lately, there has been more and more complaints all over the Mopar forums about mistakes and customer service's response to those mistakes.

Now, I'm confident PST will fix this problem, after weeks of complaints, they finally listened to the customers and fixed the clocking issue of their Torsion bars so considering that took re-engineering, this shouldn't be hard to fix, now that they are publicly aware.

To PST, I hope you can take this and get it fix, you have a good product for a fair price and I would buy from again, but to be honest, I'm holding off on my order simply because of the customer service complaints. Please address the issue.

Granted you have a point, but at the same time, I've been a member here since 07/08. I've seen countless threads about similar stuff happening from vendors, mistakes happen. But a lot of times, its how the customer is treated that results in these threads. I've ordered from PST when I had my chargers, simple front end kit and it went in fine. That's been a couple years back.

However, I do want to state this for PST to see, lately, there has been more and more complaints all over the Mopar forums about mistakes and customer service's response to those mistakes.

Now, I'm confident PST will fix this problem, after weeks of complaints, they finally listened to the customers and fixed the clocking issue of their Torsion bars so considering that took re-engineering, this shouldn't be hard to fix, now that they are publicly aware.

To PST, I hope you can take this and get it fix, you have a good product for a fair price and I would buy from again, but to be honest, I'm holding off on my order simply because of the customer service complaints. Please address the issue.

I guess I owe Mr. roadblock69 an apology for butting in then, as it sounds like it needed to be brought out.
It just struck me as a little harsh.

My apologies roadblock69, apparently I jumped into something where I wasn't aware of the full circumstances.

I personally monitor the forums myself during the days and even at night as you can see by some of my posting times. The main reason is because these cars are my passion, hobby and I have owned a few mopars. I am also on here to listen and make sure that we try to make right by the customers within in reason. As for the initial post that started this thread. It was a coding mistake on our end and we accept responsibility, but in our defense the day that we were notified by the customer was the same day that the replacement bushings went out. Which I believe is the best customer service possible under these circumstances. As for the tone of the conversation I was not in that part of the office to witness/listen to the call. But I did have a conversation with Mike and he did say that at the end of his conversation with customer he did apologize to him. Which was not stated on here. I am here to help and listen so if anyone has anything to discuss you can always pm me.

Thanks
James

-
Back