PST Suspension rebuild finished

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Just finished my suspension rebuild, wow, lots of work. I was doing it at a friends place with a lift and a press, and air.

I cant imagine doing it on my back on a garage floor. Man, I am exausted.

took me about 15 hrs total. I bought the original kit, rubber, not Poly, had to bang out the lower bushings, not fun.

My left lower front bushing, the one with the extension through the crossmember, what ever its called, was completey shot, it was spinning in the bore. Left strut rod bushing was garbage too, wondered what that noise was when i hit the brakes, or a bump with the left side.

The upper ball joint that came with the kit was bad, wouldnt thread in, so i had to go get one from the parts store.

Everything else was retty straight forward, just got to get a alighnment, the steering feels way tighter, the car sounds different too, probably due to all the new cushioning.

Great to hear. I plan on doing the same this winter.

get the Poly set, i spent $100 in effort and labor pounding out those lower bushings for the original rubber set. And try to find someone with a lift. I cant imagine doing it on the ground on my back

Just finished my suspension rebuild, wow, lots of work. I was doing it at a friends place with a lift and a press, and air.

I cant imagine doing it on my back on a garage floor. Man, I am exausted.

took me about 15 hrs total. I bought the original kit, rubber, not Poly, had to bang out the lower bushings, not fun.

My left lower front bushing, the one with the extension through the crossmember, what ever its called, was completey shot, it was spinning in the bore. Left strut rod bushing was garbage too, wondered what that noise was when i hit the brakes, or a bump with the left side.

The upper ball joint that came with the kit was bad, wouldnt thread in, so i had to go get one from the parts store.

Everything else was retty straight forward, just got to get a alighnment, the steering feels way tighter, the car sounds different too, probably due to all the new cushioning.

Glad to hear the install went well! Please give us a call at (800) 247-2288 x360 so we can straighten out your upper ball joint issue. The tech's name is Rich.

Nice, I've used a few PST kits. All ways one of the best upgrades you can do.

-
Back