PST tubular strut rod install?

-

northeastmopar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to install these and the socket head cap screw that suppose to go through the lower control arm is too tight? I think if I use a big allen wrench I could probably kind of force thread it through, but I don't want to mess these up? Is there a difference between an a b c e body lower control arm regarding that hole size and could they have shipped me the wrong part, or should I just take a rat tail file and open the hole in the casting up? Anybody else here have an issue installing these??

Is it catching on entry (maybe chamfer edge) or is it easy to install and gets tight the further you insert (light hone).

IMO, that bolt needs to have a fairly decent interference fit. Anti-seize would be good idea.

Are you trying to install these with the torsion bars tight and the contol arm tightened down?
Loosen everything up and they will slide right in.

Is it catching on entry (maybe chamfer edge) or is it easy to install and gets tight the further you insert (light hone).

IMO, that bolt needs to have a fairly decent interference fit. Anti-seize would be good idea.

I got it in. I just used a large 1/2" allen wrench and ran it all the way through. It did have a steady consistant drag which I think was the threads just being a bit tight but flattening down a bit as I ran them through. I think now that this bolt is probably suppose to have a somewhat snug fit. Once it is in and the strut is adjusted during alignment, they will just sit there and probably never be moved again.

Glad you got it figured out.

I got it in. I just used a large 1/2" allen wrench and ran it all the way through. It did have a steady consistant drag which I think was the threads just being a bit tight but flattening down a bit as I ran them through. I think now that this bolt is probably suppose to have a somewhat snug fit. Once it is in and the strut is adjusted during alignment, they will just sit there and probably never be moved again.

Sorry NortheastMopar! I just noticed I had a PM from you (been very busy here working on our spring catalog) But I am glad you have it straightened out.

Thanks
James

-
Back