pt cruiser frt crank seal advice HELP!!!

-

johnmucci

moparmucci
Reaction score
Hi, my son has a 07 pt cruiser 2.4L non turbo and we discovered an oil leak, had my local wrench turner look at it and he replaced every seal timing belt etc, 3 days later it still leaks.. He replaced the frt. crank seal, said it was "pushed out" .. a day later, same issue, I read on the internet that this is a common problem but can't seem to find a cure, no warranty left of car, engine only has 48k... someone said either a used motor or new short block, but I don't have the cash for that? opinions??? comments???
thanks, John

Is he using aftermarket seal or factory- is the PCV valve plugged. Granted if it were plugged, you'd get oil allover the place. I'll check on my sites to see if anyone else had this issue.

Just found it... sounds like very bad news. Common problem. Excessive crank end play. IE: thrust bearings shot. Good Luck!

Yes! that is the exact problem...so basically I am screwed!... if I buy a used motor, it could have the same issue, and a new short block is $2500...wow what a pickle.... Thanks for your advice!

I bet you can just drop the pan loosen all thesis caps and take off number 3 and sneak a new thrust bearing in there.

Try the discussion section on ptcrusierlinks.com There is a Q&A section that has a lot of knowledgeable guys who may be able to help you out.

-
Back