Pueblo, CO?

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Does it suck?
Old cars (older than 62)?
Wreaking yards?
Decent night life (goth/industrial clubs) ?
Weather? (I like the desert and heat and I am perfectly comfortable in 108*)
Old cars?
Town full of assholes?
People leave you alone?
Crackheads?

The company I work for just got bought by a bigger company that has a place there and I could have the chance in a few years to transfer if I want to so I am just looking into my options.

Does it suck?
Pretty much, yes.
Old cars (older than 62)?
Mostly low-riders
Wreaking yards?
Not much to speak of, but there is a racetrack.
Decent night life (goth/industrial clubs) ?
No, cowboy bars and a few alternative rock bars.
Weather? (I like the desert and heat and I am perfectly comfortable in 108*)
Well, you'd like that. It's blazing hot and not much for trees other than what people planted.
Old cars?
You already asked that.
Town full of assholes?
Cowboys, bikers, the retired (houses are cheap) and gang bangers.
People leave you alone?
If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone.
Crackheads?
Methheads. It's one of the worst towns in the state in regards to meth addicts.

The company I work for just got bought by a bigger company that has a place there and I could have the chance in a few years to transfer if I want to so I am just looking into my options.

It's not as bad as I made it sound but your questions are leading. I almost moved there about 6 years ago. It's a relatively small, poor town without a lot of the nightlife you'd be looking for. At one time it was a steel town but fell on hard times. Not much to look at either.

BUT, there's some good food, a racetrack, a resevior, royal gorge and a gateway to the mountians is very close (hwy 50). As far as culture is concerned, it's heavily Hispanic. Housing is very reasonable and so is land. It's a good place to build a shop if you can handle the heat. There is very little traffic and not much of a rush hour. Also, you could drive for an hour and be in the middle of nowhere pretty easily. Depending on which direction you go, you can be nowhere in 15 minutes. I like to be nowhere sometimes, it has it's advantages.

Nikkis brother lives in Aurora and works in some huge windmill/wind turbine plant and we have friends that live in ST. George,UT that is the only reasons we would consider Colorado. They also have a plant out in LA and that is where Nikki grew up.

ya it sucks lol. but you could live 45 min north in colorado springs and have a lot better everything. big tuner (not so much rice) crowd there. then denver is only like a hour to hour and a half from colorado springs lol. but living in colorado is kinda expensive all together so unless your gettin a pretty big raise i would go for it.

What's the company if you don't mind telling?
I worked for meridian rail, last i heard it was called nor-track. They have a plant in pueblo, some of my co-workers went there years back. They thought they hated our town, but it was a paradise compared to that dive.

only thing cool there is the B25 museum at the airport.Some ww2 guys hang out there and tells war stories

What's the company if you don't mind telling?
I worked for meridian rail, last i heard it was called nor-track. They have a plant in pueblo, some of my co-workers went there years back. They thought they hated our town, but it was a paradise compared to that dive.

Give me a few days until everything is final then I will let you know.

-
Back