Puking tranny fluid

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I got home from work this morning and stayed up late installing a 904 in my Duster. I fired it up with the open headers and life was good.

Until it started puking tranny fluid all over the place. It looks like it is coming from behind the Torque converter. ****!

I am not a tranny guy. Any ideas?

Did you over fill it? If over filled it will puke fluid from the vent behind the converter. Also, could be the front pump seal. I'm not an expert either, but have also experienced this problem.

Agree......Front pump seal on the trans.

Did you lube the outside of the stall stall converter with trans fluid before installing it ?

Thanks guys.

Yea, I smeared it around in there before I installed it. I pre-filled the TC also.
I really don't want to pull that thing again.

I hope your right Demon416 and I over filled it. I will check it more closely in the morning when I can start it without waking the dead.

If it is the front pump seal are these difficult to install? Any special tools?

Seeing as you just put it together I am going to assume that you are not familiar with this particular tranny. I am going to say it is the pump. If it is, it is not that big of a deal to replace. You have to pull the tranny anyway to replace the seal. Just make sure you tighten the front band before you take the pump out.

Jack

Well, I didn't over fill it. It must be the pump or the seal.

Has anyone ever replaced one of these on their own?

If you just put it in, check your breather vent. It may be clogged with dirt. You can blow through it with an air line but be forewarned it will blow tranny fluid all over the place.

-
Back