Puking

-

Joep

Reaction score
Hey guys my 440 pukes after it shuts off and i cant figure out why. It wasnt overheating it was right around 200 but once it shut off it started puking out of the spill free funnel. Any ideas?

Weak cap while driving is kept cool enough once stopped lack of cooling extra heat just enough to open it get cap tested

I just had one of those spill free funnels on it so it should be fine as far as the cap. Probably a good half gallon spilled out

I may be way off, but if you fill the radiator to the top, it will puke when parked. My 70 dart did this as there wasn't an overfill bottle on them . I would fill it, let it adjust itself by puking, then run it. Usually it was about an inch to an inch and a half low in the radiator.

I have thought of that too but I do have a overflow bottle but maybe there could still be too much coolant in the radiator? A lot comes out so i would think it would be too low but i could be wrong

Test the radiator cap.

I may be way off, but if you fill the radiator to the top, it will puke when parked. My 70 dart did this as there wasn't an overfill bottle on them . I would fill it, let it adjust itself by puking, then run it. Usually it was about an inch to an inch and a half low in the radiator.

Agree, test the cap but my Duster did this with a good cap

-
Back