Pull-A-Part and Auto recyclers need help finding a part

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Trying to find a part for cheaper then what Ebay sells them for. $225 for 1 used caliper is more then I want to spend. I am looking for a set of 2001 Porsche 911 Carrera front calipers. They are the 4 piston Brembos that I am needing. I was looking at Pull-A-Parts price list and it says calipers are $8.83 plus $2.11 core charge. I would gladly pay some to pull me a set. Should be roughly $25 with taxes. I will quadruple your money plus shipping. If anybody can help please let me know. I need the bolts and rubber hoses as well. Will pay what ever extra those are too. I think $450 for a set of used calipers is a bunch for OEM parts. But then again they are for a Porsche and they are made by Brembo.

i'm going next saturday I will take a look and see if there are any there but i doubt it around here

FWIW you can search pull n pays website for inventory nationwide.

Lookin through them right now. Not find anything on their site though. Hoping maybe some of these bigger cities might have a local place that might have something in it. I know there have to be a bunch of totaled 01 911 out there.

Lookin through them right now. Not find anything on their site though. Hoping maybe some of these bigger cities might have a local place that might have something in it. I know there have to be a bunch of totaled 01 911 out there.

i cant imagine they have anything that exotic. a lot of yards have a locator system set up but you have to fill out a request form and wait for a response. it can be a pain in the butt sometimes. i will keep a look out in my surfing ventures

Ok I will just keep an eye on the set on Ebay it has a Best offer option I may just low ball him if they are on there much longer. They have been on there for about 2 weeks if they hit a month and no bites I will have more leverage.

There is an all porsche junkyard in southern Cali.

Poor timing! I just scrapped out a truckload last week!
Are you serious about this ??? PORSCHE parts in a self serve yard? Out here in CA, you'll never see that. They command too high a price at the auto auctions. Porsche/Jaguar/Rolls Royce.....THEY are only found at the specialized FULL service (FULL price) recyclers.:burnout:

You won't find Porsches in any Pick and Pull Yards around this area. The Pull A Part yards are owned by the big high dollar salvage yards in this area and they are just covering both ends of the market.

Poor timing! I just scrapped out a truckload last week!
Are you serious about this ??? PORSCHE parts in a self serve yard? Out here in CA, you'll never see that. They command too high a price at the auto auctions. Porsche/Jaguar/Rolls Royce.....THEY are only found at the specialized FULL service (FULL price) recyclers.:burnout:

You won't find Porsches in any Pick and Pull Yards around this area. The Pull A Part yards are owned by the big high dollar salvage yards in this area and they are just covering both ends of the market.

I just checked the hotline that salvages use and $250 each is the lowest price they show.

Just got an email back forn the Porsche only dismantler and they said $450 a set so I will keep my eye out and maybe a set will pop up and i can save a few bucks. Yeah I figured maybe with it being an 01 that I might get lucky and find a set cheaper. Thanks for the help though guys.

Just askin...what's wrong with the old caliper that it cannot be rebuilt?

Nothing. But with upgrades in performance then I need upgrades in braking too. The ones I am wanting are an OEM Brembo 4 piston. I am building my own big brake swap.

Oh, ok. I thought you were wanting a replacement and that's what came on it. Me and my stupid ***.

Let me take some time and enjoy looking for something Corey, MoPar PD car brakes are a good up grade, 4 piston I believe and found on some interceptors.

Thanks Mike. You don't have to though. The reason for chosing this particular caliper was that the 911's also use an almost identical rotor as the 07 Ram 2wd 1500, which is what I am basing my brake upgrade off of. And these calipers have a very simplistic mounting system. They are a radial mount caliper which requires 2 bolts stright down into the mounting bracket. I can make a bracket that will bolt to the stock spindle very easily.

-
Back