Pulled my 5.2 Magnum today.

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
I finally got over to Rory's (BossVega's) to pull the 5.2 out of a rolled over Jeep for my Magnum heads.

What a P.I.T.A., This thing wouldnt come out so we did what any true gear head would do. Hooked another Jeep to it. It came out.

318_003.sized.jpg

318_001.sized.jpg

318_004.sized.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how hard do you think it would be to pull the engine out without the tranny. Plan to pull mine for a rebuild in a couple of years. Oh, yeah I have a 96 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2L.

Just as much of a pain if not more. You cant get to the tranny bolts from the engine compartment.

Ummm.....couldn't you have just removed the heads????.....LOL....but then you wouldn't have had the fun of yanking a Cherry Picker through the Asphalt

Holly bat sheeeet Adam. :shock: You're more of a redneck than I am! And that is a hard mark to beat.

Did you even un-bolt it? Or did you lust lock it in 4 low and give a tug? :scratch:

Love thecherry picker/towstrap rig. That would make Cletus proud! :cheers:

Ya see after all that was said an done i would hav ran the little jeep over with my truck :thumrigh: now thats redneck,or we would hav cut the jeep up around the motor to get it out of there :shaking2:

you could have just chained the engine to someting realy stable andthen put the car in reverse gain lots of speed and see it jump out! :drunken:

duster340 said:
you could have just chained the engine to someting realy stable andthen put the car in reverse gain lots of speed and see it jump out! :drunken:
sweet :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

duster340 wrote:
you could have just chained the engine to someting realy stable andthen put the car in reverse gain lots of speed and see it jump out!
sweet

I can't even hold a candle to you clowns...... :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

I'm still laughing man!!!

I once ripped out a 10 bolt rearend out of a nova with my truck an one of the doors at the same time,i was going for the rear an both the doors but one was being a little turd so we just took it off the Human way :roll:

dewsky said:
Ummm.....couldn't you have just removed the heads????.....LOL....but then you wouldn't have had the fun of yanking a Cherry Picker through the Asphalt

I needed the entire motor for a spare for my Jeep.

-
Back