Pulley Size

-

kmabry

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the stock pulley size for the water pump and crank on a 440?

What year?
What application?
A/C?
Towing package?

If you look in the parts book for your car year etc. You might find pulley dimensions, you might also find there are / were different water pumps ( different differences) for some applications and different pulley diameters as well.

What year?
What application?
A/C?
Towing package?

If you look in the parts book for your car year etc. You might find pulley dimensions, you might also find there are / were different water pumps ( different differences) for some applications and different pulley diameters as well.

It's a 1972 440 that was put in a 68 barracuda.
I got a rough measurement and it looks like the crank pulley is somewhere between 7 and 7 1/4
Water pump is somewhere between 6 3/4 and 6 7/8 there on the car so its hard to get an exact measurement.
Also it has no ac.

Anywhere from 6 in to 7 in. If u use a bigger pulley on the crank it it will spin the w/p faster. Ofcourse there is the depth u need to figure out. Kim

There is smaller pulleys for the w/p. Do ur pulleys line up now? If u want a smaller take it off and measure the depth. Kim

Thanks kim! That's what I plan on doing.
I'm having a problem with temperature creeping up at idle or sitting in traffic.

Then u definitely need a smaller pulley on the w/p. That will help some. U may have other issues. Put in a new high flow thermostat. Kim

-
Back