Pulling /6

-

BJDEALER

Reaction score
Just need to know any thing special to pull a /6 out of my 66 cuda. Never pulled a mopar motor. thanks

Take the transmission and engine out all at once,
Make sure you remove the radiator first.

I have to give some advice to ya though.8)

IF you don't have a engine to put right back into it and get it running, then don't take it out if it still works.
I have seen more cars turn into land monuments because someone was dreaming about what was going to happen in the future, but never really had everything ready to go or even enough money to complete the job.
I am talking from my own experience and believe me,getting in and turning the key to move the car is a lot better them pushing or towing it everywhere while trying to restore it.

Take the transmission and engine out all at once,
Make sure you remove the radiator first.

I have to give some advice to ya though.8)

IF you don't have a engine to put right back into it and get it running, then don't take it out if it still works.
I have seen more cars turn into land monuments because someone was dreaming about what was going to happen in the future, but never really had everything ready to go or even enough money to complete the job.
I am talking from my own experience and believe me,getting in and turning the key to move the car is a lot better them pushing or towing it everywhere while trying to restore it.

I will second this recommendation, I have also had a case of dumbass and turned my $500 investment of a 1970 duster into a $500 mopar monument. right before pulling the slant i decided to see if she still has some kick in her...and she did. i still pulledd it , and was the biggest mistake.

-
Back