Pulling engine from A108 but stuck!

-
Got the engine and transmission out! I used a long bar to dislodge the tranny from the frame. It was definitely bound up by the rubber bushing.
Lowering it from the bottom was not as easy as suspected but we got it.

Thanks for the help. Next time, I'm definitely going to remove the tranny separately from the bottom then pull the engine from the top with a cherry picker!

PXL_20201108_221159087.jpg

Got the engine and transmission out! I used a long bar to dislodge the tranny from the frame. It was definitely bound up by the rubber bushing.
Lowering it from the bottom was not as easy as suspected but we got it.

Thanks for the help. Next time, I'm definitely going to remove the tranny separately from the bottom then pull the engine from the top with a cherry picker!

View attachment 1715626890
that’s how I pulled things: trans out first while engine suspended by hoist then engine installed and mounts bolted up but still suspended by hoist and then install the trans. Kinda come to you naturally when working on your back is a given!:thumbsup:

that’s how I pulled things: trans out first while engine suspended by hoist then engine installed and mounts bolted up but still suspended by hoist and then install the trans. Kinda come to you naturally when working on your back is a given!:thumbsup:
I was trying to follow the service manual but that didn't work! When I re-install it I'll definitely do the engine first from the top then put the tranny back in from the bottom. There's so much ground clearance on these A-vans it's easy to get underneath. Not like my MGB...

-
Back