pulling engine with carb plate?

-
I asked my engine builder about this and he claimed that there was a pull test done and the steel carb plate failed before the intake threads gave. You shouldn't have any issues.

No that's funny...and so true!!!!

I was swapping motors by myself so I bought an engine leveler and used chains. It certainly helped me tilt to gain clearance for the transmission going in and out.

getting ready to pull the engine out of my dart to swap k members. Anyone pull the engine with carb lift plate? sounds easy enough but kinda worried about lifting engine with only carb studs. would be 383 with eddy heads. no trans.

Scares the S*&T outta me!!!

Hemi Mark sent a nice pic of a 440 in a B-body with a carb plate, so I figure I better show mine from this weekend.

Attachments

• DSCN0682.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 89
thanks for all the positive feed back guys. i figured it would work but had me a bit un easy thinking about it.

its brand new intake. will get grade 8 hardware and make sure to use anti seize and as much thread engagement as possible.

Do this and you will be ok.In the old Hot rod/Corvette shop I worked in we pulled and installed hundreds of engines that way without a problem.

-
Back