Pulling my Slant 6

-

74swingrrr

Reaction score
Hello all. I've decided to pull my engine and do a complete rebuild. I really don't want to run around searching for this and that. Anyone know where I can get all of the gaskets, hoses, hardware ect.(right down to the oil rings)? I want to do it right so that I can get another 34 carefree years out of it. Thanks in advance.

Try the machine shop that does the work on the block and crank. The shop here will cut you a great deal on parts to get the machine work, and they can get anything a parts store can and a few things they can't.

Performance Automotive Warehouse sells complete rebuild kits for the slant.

would i pull the engine and bring the entire thing to the shop? what do machine shops charge for something like that (roughly)?

here in ca that job is like $1200.00 including the new parts, machining, etc. If i was you i'd have the head milled .100 (yes a tenth) to increase compression to the 9's ( up from 7 ish) and add a mild cam (cam $120.00 with springs) and your motor will really wake up!

here in ca that job is like $1200.00 including the new parts, machining, etc. If i was you i'd have the head milled .100 (yes a tenth) to increase compression to the 9's ( up from 7 ish) and add a mild cam (cam $120.00 with springs) and your motor will really wake up!

agreed, yes you can mill the head that much, heck some of the blocks you can bore .100 :-D 232 ci i believe

-
Back