Pulling my slant....hood on

-

Abodysrule

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, so I really wanted to pull my slant without taking off the hood....success! I fabricated a custom puller using a 2" x 10" x 1/2" thick chrome moly steel plate (OK, I tend to over engineer), drilled two holes for 3/8" bolts for the two bosses on the head and a big *** bolt (11/16" thread?) and eyelet. The head of the big bolt was so big I had to use some washers for spacing, but only two short links to the cherry picker. I did pull it without the A904 attached, but I had PLENTY of space, like inches, between the hood and top of the engine before I had to pull it forward and clear the radiator support. Came out in minutes, literally a few minutes. See pics. MidnightSwinger has it now, if you want more specs. PM him. It came out perfectly level, as the big bolt was close to the boss near the middle of the head (thanks for someone who told me the balance point on a slant). OK, I'm on to a 360 magnum...

1.jpg

2.jpg

The Rodney Dangerfield of engines.

I see it has a foe barrah intake. Tell us more.
Just a little diddy that Mr. Dutra put together for @Abodysrule. He couldn’t find the cam specs, but it’s got a little lope and pulls nicely. Offy 4 bbl, original dutra duals, super six distributor, Dutra modded oil pump and a cam button.

My plans are to just find the correct oil pan/pick up, and motor mount brackets to put it in the ‘65, and bolt on a Edelbrock AVS2 500cfm 4bbl. Should be a fun little ride.

Just a little diddy that Mr. Dutra put together for @Abodysrule. He couldn’t find the cam specs, but it’s got a little lope and pulls nicely. Offy 4 bbl, original dutra duals, super six distributor, Dutra modded oil pump and a cam button.

My plans are to just find the correct oil pan/pick up, and motor mount brackets to put it in the ‘65, and bolt on a Edelbrock AVS2 500cfm 4bbl. Should be a fun little ride.
Lemmie look. I might have those brackets.

EDIT: Yup, I have a pair of brackets. I only have the passenger's side mount, but I have both brackets. Send me a PM if you're interested. This doesn't need to be turned into a for sale ad.

Last edited:

Make sure you have enough AFR under load, you don't want it to run lean, otherwise you get detonation (one sign) and burn through the head gasket. That header has bungs for oxygen sensors, but you can always do it old school and check the color of the spark plugs. If it gets a brown color, you're running too lean. Others can comment more fully but check SL6.org and there are plenty of posts/pics on good plug burn color.

-
Back