Pulling the oil pan?

-

hypermite

Reaction score
Ok, I've noticed that when I go w.o.t in 1st or 2nd gear my oil pressure drops dramatically. I figure the oil is sloshing to the rear of the pan & uncovering the oil pickup, (I tested this theory by accelerating on a down hill grade & oil pressure climbs & remains stable) anyway I figure I need to have a baffle welded into my pan to prevent this, can I pull my pan without raising the engine? I've pulled pans on small block A-bodies, but never on a big block. (74 Duster, 440, Schumacher mounts & headers, if that makes any difference). also, anyone have pictures of their baffled pans? thanks!

I just swapped out old pan for new one.......I had to drop the steering link like was already mentioned. If you have skinny arms you wont need to raise the engine. If you dont have skinny arms, you'll need to raise engine.

Thanks Bad Shrimp, I figured SOMEBODY must have pulled a pan on a big block A-body. I knew I'd have to pull the steering link. I've got average sized arms, so we'll see how that works out. lol

-
Back