Pump gas compression again

-
Yeah, see I've never been the guy who just takes things as I was told. On summit there description says they're x-rayed & shot peened, the finish is dead on to other 5-600 dollar rods. So maybe I just say screw it, give them a try & hell if they last ill advertise for them. But it's alot of money to toss aside if they go pop

I’ve run them. Doesn’t matter what name is on the box, you MUST check them out. Always. The idea that any part can be bolted on and run without checking is just silly.

In reality, those rods are like about a dozen companies selling the same exact rod, out of the same factory, off the same production line. As long as the rod bolts are ARP you’ll be fine.

In my world, a rod should come with both ends undersize, so you can fit them.

I’ve run them. Doesn’t matter what name is on the box, you MUST check them out. Always. The idea that any part can be bolted on and run without checking is just silly.

In reality, those rods are like about a dozen companies selling the same exact rod, out of the same factory, off the same production line. As long as the rod bolts are ARP you’ll be fine.

In my world, a rod should come with both ends undersize, so you can fit them.
Yep, agreed. I think the piston pins are a bit tight as they are so I'll just check the cost to see if they're going to be more altogether with new bolts, the 7/16 bolts in it are not arp & I'm thinking arp 2000 or L19. If it comes out more than $690.00 I'll stay with the molnar rods

Yep, agreed. I think the piston pins are a bit tight as they are so I'll just check the cost to see if they're going to be more altogether with new bolts, the 7/16 bolts in it are not arp & I'm thinking arp 2000 or L19. If it comes out more than $690.00 I'll stay with the molnar rods

When my rods showed up, they had bolts that said ARP on them. I know the Chinese are knocking this stuff off so I called ARP and told them who made the rods and who imported them and asked if he knew if they are real ARP stuff. And he said they were a quantity buyer and they are ARP bolts. So I sized the rods for clearance and bolted them in.

When my rods showed up, they had bolts that said ARP on them. I know the Chinese are knocking this stuff off so I called ARP and told them who made the rods and who imported them and asked if he knew if they are real ARP stuff. And he said they were a quantity buyer and they are ARP bolts. So I sized the rods for clearance and bolted them in.
Mine don't say arp & don't have a do not on the other end for measuring torque stretch

Mine don't say arp & don't have a do not on the other end for measuring torque stretch

I would replace them then. BTW, I stretched rod bolts twice, and will never do it again. You are better off with equal torque across the parting line then to have to different torque values.

I just watched a seminar with the owner of Scat cranks. His name is Tom Lieb. Anyway, he said to never stretch rod bolts either.

Just an FYI.

I would replace them then. BTW, I stretched rod bolts twice, and will never do it again. You are better off with equal torque across the parting line then to have to different torque values.

I just watched a seminar with the owner of Scat cranks. His name is Tom Lieb. Anyway, he said to never stretch rod bolts either.

Just an FYI.
Oh **** wow, thank you for that info.

-
Back