Purple Cam for boost

-

mathewdylang

Reaction score
So my uncle gave me a 318 for letting him store a 440/727 in my garage until he got the body work done on his charger. When I was over picking It up he had a 360 short block on the floor. I asked why it was laying on the floor not covered and he said to look at the first piston. His buddy got drunk and angry and revved his Cuda to the point of dropping a valve into the cylinder. Took the heads off and told my uncle to do what he wanted with the bottom end. My uncle said it was mine as long as I brought the motor mounts back to him. It has a mopar purple cam and a timing chain with less than 1000 miles on them. I thought about putting a piston in the 360 and building it but I like the 318. My question is, will this free cam be okay for boost? I'm doing a 318/360 head turbo build with a gt35r or t70 at 5-7psi. To much cam, not enough, wrong profile? Like I said, it's free so that's my main reason for wanting to use it.

Which purple cam is it? There are MANY different ones.

Honestly I am not sure. When I pull it I will look at the numbers. I'm new to old domestics. I didnt know there were different purple cams.

-
Back